2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

21st November 2014, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Procedure to become Airport Customs Officer

Airport Customs Officer falls under ‘Group A’ or ‘Class 1’ Officers in Indian Administrative Service.

Eligibility
Candidates who have completed their bachelor degree from a recognized institute are eligible to apply for the post.

Candidate’s degree must be obtained in any stream with minimum 55% marks.

Candidates who have completed 21 years of age are only eligible to apply for the post of Customs Officer.

Upper age limit of the applicant is 30 years.

Applicants belonging to backward category can expect relaxation in age.

Selection Procedure
Selection is carried out through CSAT exam.

The exam is carried out by UPSC.

Applications through the official website of UPSC through online mode.

Applicants must pay a fee of Rs. 50/-. Women candidates and those belonging to SC/ST category need not pay the fees.

Applicants should mention their preferred area (like IAS, Revenue Service, etc) under Civil service at the time of application submission itself.

Applicants who wish to become Customs Officer must mention Indian Customs and Central Excise Service (IC&CES), as the most preferred choice.

CSAT Exam is conducted in two stages, preliminary and mains.

Time allotted for answering each paper is 2 hours.

Paper I may cover questions on general knowledge and day to day affairs across the globe.

Paper II comprises questions on reasoning, mental ability, quantitative aptitude and English Language.

In mains exam there will be a written exam and interview.

There will be 9 papers for the written test, out of which 2 are of qualifying nature.

Applicants who clear the interview round can get short listed for training in Central Excise cadre.

Once training is completed successfully, Applicants can join as Customs Officer in international airports.
3rd December 2014, 11:41 AM
Unregistered

Procedure to become Airport Customs Officer

Will you please provide the information regarding the Procedure to become Airport Customs Officer?
3rd December 2014, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

Airport Customs Officer falls under ‘Group A’ or ‘Class 1’ Officers in Indian Administrative Service.

Eligibility

Candidates who have completed their bachelor degree from a recognized institute are eligible to apply for the post with minimum 55% marks.

Candidates who have completed 21 years of age are only eligible to apply for the post of Customs Officer.

Upper age limit of the applicant is 30 years.

Selection Procedure

CSAT exam is carried out by UPSC. Applications are available on the official website of UPSC through online mode. One must pay a fee of Rs. 50/-.

Female applicants and those belonging to SC/ST category need not pay the fees.

Applicants should mention their preferred area (like IAS, Revenue Service, etc)

CSAT Exam is taken in two stages, preliminary and mains.

There will be two compulsory papers for preliminary exam.

Paper I may cover questions on general knowledge and day to day affairs across the globe.

Paper II comprises questions on reasoning, mental ability, quantitative aptitude and English Language.

Time allotted for answering each paper is 2 hours.

In mains exam there will be a written exam and interview.

Applicants who get through the written exam will be short-listed for interview round.

Applicants who clear the interview round can get short listed for training in Central Excise cadre.

Once training is completed successfully, Applicants can join as Customs Officer in international airports.
20th May 2015, 09:04 AM
Unregistered

I want to become Airport Customs Officer? Can you please tell me about the eligibility required for become Airport Customs Officer?
20th May 2015, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator

As you say that you want to become Airport Customs Officer. Airport Customs Officer falls under ‘Group A’ or ‘Class 1’ Officers in Indian Administrative Service.

Here I am providing you basic eligibility required for the Airport Customs Officer. This is as follows:

Eligibility

The applicant must have bachelor degree from a recognized institute are eligible to apply for the post.

The qualifying degree must be obtained in any stream with minimum 55% marks.

Age limit:

Officer. Upper age limit of the aspirants is 30 years.
Applicants belonging to backward category can expect relaxation in age.

To become Airport Customs Officer you should need to appear in the CSAT Exam. The CSAT is stands for Civil services aptitude test .

Syllabus:
Paper I: General Studies and Current Affairs

It consists of all the topics from old syllabus of Paper I except general mental ability. It also has new topics such as economic and social development and general issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity, and climate change.

Paper II: General Mental Ability

Paper II of Civil Services Aptitude Test includes general mental ability (shifted from Paper I) along with comprehension, interpersonal skills including comprehension skills, logical reasoning & analytical ability, decision-making and problem-solving, basic numeracy, data interpretation and English language comprehension skills.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in