2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

30th October 2014, 08:59 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Procedure for Airport Customs Job

The post of Airport Customs Officer selection is carried out through Civil Services Examination (CSAT). It is carried out by UPSC.

Eligibility Requirement to become Airport Customs Officer
Candidate must have bachelor degree in any stream with minimum 55% marks from a recognized institute

Age limit:
Minimum age: 21 years
Maximum age: 30 years
Candidates belonging to backward category can expect relaxation in age.

Candidates who pass CSAT can get in to the role of Customs Officer under Indian Customs and Central Excise Service.

CSAT Exam Pattern:
CSAT Exam is conducted in two stages, preliminary and mains.

Preliminary Exam:
There will be two compulsory papers for preliminary exam.

Paper I:
General Knowledge
Current affairs

Paper II
Reasoning,
Mental ability,
Quantitative aptitude and
English language

Duration of exam: 2 hours.

Candidates who pass preliminary level exam will eligible for mains exam.

Mains Exam
There will be a written exam and interview.

Written exam:
There will be 9 papers for the written test, Candidate have to qualify any 2 paper

Candidates who clear written exam will be short-listed for interview. Those who clear the interview can get short listed for training in Central Excise cadre.

After completing training they can join as Customs Officer in international airports.
18th December 2015, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

Hello friend I have completed M.A now I have interest in custom department I want to apply for examination now tell me which kind of ability require for this exam ?
18th December 2015, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

Customs officers are federal law enforcement professionals whose focus is on border security.
Eligibility criteria for Airport Customs Officer-
Candidates who have completed their bachelor degree from a recognized institute are eligible to apply for the post.
The qualifying degree must be with minimum 55% marks.
Those candidates who have completed 21 years of age are only eligible to apply for the post of Customs Officer.
Upper age limit of the applicant is 30 years. Candidates belonging to backward category can expect relaxation in age.

Selection Procedure of Airport Customs Officer will be -
For Selection ‘Group A’ Officers in Customs department have to clear CSAT exam.
The exam will carry out by UPSC.
Candidates for the exam can forward through the official website of UPSC through online mode.
One must pay a fee of Rs. 50/-. Women candidates and those belonging to SC/ST category need not pay the fees.
Candidate should mention their preferred area (like IAS, Revenue Service, etc) under Civil service at the time of application submission itself.
Time allotted for answering each paper is 2 hours.
Paper I can cover questions on general knowledge and day to day affairs across the globe.
Paper II comprises questions on reasoning and mental ability, quantitative aptitude and English Language. Aspirants who pass this preliminary level exam can appear for mains exam.
22nd July 2018, 10:43 AM
Unregistered

i have completed my be in bellary vtu university i need custom offcer what i need to be follow hw i shud prepare for xmas
Upper age limit of the applicant is 30 years. Candidates belonging to backward category can expect relaxation in age.

Selection Procedure of Airport Customs Officer will be -
For Selection ‘Group A’ Officers in Customs department have to clear CSAT exam.
The exam will carry out by UPSC.
Candidates for the exam can forward through the official website of UPSC through online mode.
One must pay a fee of Rs. 50/-. Women candidates and those belonging to SC/ST category need not pay the fees.
Candidate should mention their preferred area (like IAS, Revenue Service, etc) under Civil service at the time of application submission itself.
Time allotted for answering each paper is 2 hours.
Paper I can cover questions on general knowledge and day to day affairs across the globe.
Paper II comprises questions on reasoning and mental ability, quantitative aptitude and English Language. Aspirants who pass this preliminary level exam can appear for mains exam.[/QUOTE]

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in