2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

31st July 2014, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator

Re: M.TECH Examination Pattern And Syllabus

As there are so many M.TECH entrance test in India so please specify the name of the M.TECH entrance test of which you are looking for Exam Pattern and Syllabus so that I can provide you the relevant information.
As the Exam Pattern and Syllabus are varies from one test to another.

Entrance Exams for M.Tech
V.T.U.E.E.E. or V.E.L. Technical University Engineering Entrance Examination in Chennai
V.I.T.E.E.E.
U.P.E.S. - S.E.A.T. Engineering Entrance Test of University of Petroleum and Energy studies in Dehradun
T.A.N.C.E.T. or Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test
S.R.M.E.E.E. or S.R.M. Engineering Entrance Examination
P.T.U.CET
P.G.E.C.E.T. or Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test
P.G.C.E.T. or Post Graduate Common Entrance Test in Karnataka
Master of Engineering Entrance Examination of National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research in Chandigarh
M. Tech Entrance Examination of R.I.S.T. or Regional Institute of Science and Technology in Meghalaya
M. Tech Entrance Examination of Nirma University in Ahmedabad
M. Tech Entrance Examination of L.N.M. Institute of Information Technology in Jaipur
M. Tech Entrance Examination of Kerala University
M. Tech Entrance Examination of Jamia Milia Islamia University in New Delhi
M. Tech Entrance Examination of International Institute of Information Technology or I. I. I. T.
M. Tech Entrance Examination of Indian School of Mines in Dhanbad
M. Tech Entrance Examination of I.I.I.T. or Indian Institute of Information Technology in Allahabad
M. Tech Entrance Examination of Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science and Technology
M. Tech Entrance Examination of Banaras Hindu University
Karnataka C.E.T.
G.G.S.I.P.U. Engineering C.E.T. Entrance Examination
G.A.T.E
Entrance Examination of N.E.R.I.S.T. or North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology
Entrance Examination of Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology in Allahabad
Entrance Examination of Manipal Institute of Technology in Karnataka
Entrance Examination of Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology
Entrance Examination of Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology
Engineering Entrance Examination of Avinashilingam Deemed University for Women in Coimbatore
D.A.IICT Entrance Examination
B.S.A.U.E.E.E. or B.S. Abdur Rahman University Engineering Entrance Examination
B.I.T.S.A.T. or Birla Institute of Science and Technology
B.I.T. or Mesra, Ranchi
B.E.E.E. or Bharath University Engineering Entrance Exam
All India Engineering Entrance Examination
23rd March 2015, 09:37 AM
Unregistered

Will you please give me the exam pattern and syllabus of M.Tech entrance exam of SRM University, as I am appearing in this exam?
23rd March 2015, 09:39 AM
Super Moderator

As you are looking for the exam pattern and syllabus of M.Tech entrance exam of SRM University so here it is as follows
SRM University M.Tech entrance exam Syllabus
PATTERN
The questions will be set at the corresponding degree level.
The questions will be of scholastic aptitude type.
The question paper consists of 100 questions with duration of 150 mts.
Each correct answer carries 3 marks and each wrong answer carries negative mark of 1.
SYLLABUS
Civil (Code 01)
Mathematics
(i) Vector calculus (ii) Determinants and Matrices (iii) Analytic function theory (iv) Calculus
and ordinary Differential Equations (v) Numerical Methods (vi) Probability and Statistics.
Other Topics
(i) Mechanics of Solids and Structural Analysis (ii) Concrete and Steel Structure (iii) Soil
Mechanics and Geo Technical Engineering (iv) Fluid Mechanics and Water Resources
Engineering (v) Environmental Engineering (vi) Surveying (vii) Transportation Engineering
(viii) Remote Sensing (ix) Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
Mechanical (Code 02)
Mathematics
(i) Vector calculus (ii) Determinants and Matrices (iii) Analytic function theory (iv) Calculus
and ordinary Differential Equations (v) Numerical Methods (vi) Probability and Statistics.
Other Topics
(i)Mechanics and Machine Design (ii) Material Science and Metallurgy (iii) Thermo
dynamics (iv) Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (v) Production Technology (vi)
Automotive Engines (vii) Automotive Transmission (viii) Strength of Materials (ix) Casting,
metal forming and metal joining processes (x) Tool Engineering, Machine tool operation,
Metrology and inspection (xi) Engineering Materials, Processing of Plastics and Computer
Aided Manufacturing (xii) Product Design, Process Planning, Cost Estimate, Design of Jigs
and Fixtures and Press Tools (xiii) Operations Research. (xiv) Operations Management (xv)
Quality Control Reliability and Maintenance.
Electrical (Code 03)
Mathematics
Other Topics
(i) Networks
Circuit Elements, Laws and theorems – Resonance – Coupled circuits – AC steady
state and Transient Analysis
(ii) Devices
Energy bands, Charge carriers in semiconductors – semiconductor junctions –
semiconductor diodes and its types – transistors – FET – SCR – IGBT – DIAC – TRIAC – UJT
– Power supplies
(iii) Electronic Circuits
Biasing methods and small signal models – Transistor amplifier and analysis –
Feedback amplifiers and oscillators – Large signal and tuned amplifiers – Frequency
response and wave shaping circuits
(iv) Digital
Number systems – Boolean algebra – Logic gates – Logic families – Gate level
minimization and combinational logic – Synchronous and Asynchronous sequential logic –
Memory
(v) Microprocessor
Intel 8085 microprocessor – Intel 8086/8088 microprocessor – Intel 8031/8051
microcontroller – Programmable interfacing devices – Applications
(vi) Control System
Transfer function – Mathematical Modeling – Block diagram reduction - Control
system components – Transient and steady state analysis – Stability analysis – Frequency
domain analysis
(vii) Electromagnetics
(viii) Electrical Machines
(ix) Power Electronics and Solid State Drives & Control
(x) Power Systems
Electronics (Code 04)
Mathematics
Other Topics
(i) Networks
(ii) Devices
semiconductor diodes and its types – transistors – FET – SCR – IGBT – DIAC – TRIAC – UJT
– Power supplies
Feedback amplifiers and oscillators – Large signal and tuned amplifiers – Frequency
(iv) Digital
minimization and combinational logic – Synchronous and Asynchronous sequential logic –
Memory
(v) Microprocessor
(vi) Control System
system components – Transient and steady state analysis – Stability analysis – Frequency
domain analysis
(vii) Signals and Systems
(viii) Communications (analog)
(ix) Communications (Digitals) (x) Electromagnetics
Instrumentation (Code 05)
Mathematics
Other Topics
(i) Networks
(ii) Devices
– Power supplies
(iv) Digital
Memory
(v) Microprocessor
(vi) Control System
domain analysis
(vii) Transducers and Industrial Instrumentation
(viii) Biomedical Instrumentation
(ix) Electrical and Electronic measurements and instrumentation
(x) Process control.
Computer Science (Code 06)
Mathematics
Other Topics
(i) Discrete Mathematical Structures (ii) Micro Processor and Hardware Systems (iii)
Computer Organization and Architecture (iv) System Programming including Assemblers,
Compilers (v) Operating Systems (vi) Programming Methodology & Software Engineering
(vii) Data Structures and Algorithms (viii) Database Systems (ix) Computer Networks.
Chemical (Code 07)
Mathematics
Other Topics
(i) Chemical process calculations (ii) Chemical Process Industries (iii) Mechanical Operations
(iv) Fluid Mechanics (v) Heat Transfer (vi) Mass Transfer (vii) Thermodynamics (viii)
Chemical Reaction Engineering (ix ) Instrumentation & Control (x) Process Engineering
Economics.
Bio Technology (Code 08)
(i) Cell Structure, Function (ii) Properties of Nucleic Acids, Protein Synthesis (iii) Gene
Manipulation, Transgenic Microbes (iv) Plants and Animals (v) Metabolism and Bio
Energetics (vi) Gene Regulation (vii) Enzyme Kinetics, Fermentation Process, Production of
commercially important enzymes (viii) Recombinant proteins (ix) Microbial Growth
Kinetics (x) Biosaftey, Bioethics and Intellectual Property Rights (xi) Bio conversion (xii)
Fermentation Kinetics, Bioreactors (xiii) Genomics and Proteomics (xiv) Computer
Applications in Bio Technology (xv) Nano Biotechnology (xvi) Application of Bio
Technology (xvii) Systems Biotechnology.
GIS (Code 09)
Mathematics
Other Topics
(i) Remote sensing: physics of remote sensing (ii) Photogrammetry: Photogrammetry (iii)
Surveying: Surveying Techniques (iv) GIS: Terminology (v) Geology: Geological Remote
Sensing (vi) Agriculture and forestry, (vii) Environment and disaster studies: EIA (viii)
Urban and regional planning: Urban Planning
Environmental (Code 10)
Mathematics
Other Topics
(i) Environmental Pollution (ii) Environmental Biotechnology (iii) Thermodynamics (iv)
Ecology (v) Environmental Conservation (vi) Water Resources (vii) Ecology and Sustainable
Development (viii) Remote Sensing (ix) Energy and Environmental (x) Environmental
Impact
Assessment (xi) Current Topics in Environmental Sciences (xii) Soil Pollution and Solid
Waste
Management (xiii) Natural Hazards (xiv) Environmental and Occupational Health
Food Processing (Code 11)
Bioprocess Engineering:
Properties of Vapors and Gases. Energy Balances/Conservation of Energy; Entropy; Ideal
Gas Mixtures and Psychometrics. Steady-state Heat Transfer; One-dimensional Heat
Conduction; Heat Transfer through a Composite Wall; Conduction, Forced Convection;
Overall Heat Transfer Coefficient; Heat Exchangers; Radiation Heat Transfer. Basic
bioprocess engineering and reactor concepts; Stoichiometry , mass and energy balances;
Fluid flow and mixing in bioreactors; Heat transfer in bioprocesses; Mass transfer in
bioprocess; Reaction and cell growth kinetics; Downstream processing unit operations.
Process instrumentation
Food Engineering:
Dimensions and units, Evaporation, crystallization, distillation, mechanical separations, size
reduction and mixing, properties of food, blanching, pasteurization, sterilization, extrusion,
aseptic processing, drying, material handling, dairy plant engineering, cereal processing, fat
and oil processing, sugar cane processing, food preservation, storage, non-thermal food
processing, bakery and confectionary, meat and poultry processing, Food safety and waste
management, food packaging technology
Biochemistry and nutrition:
Enzymes, Coenzymes, Cofactors, Elements of carbohydrates, fat and protein metabolism,
Elements of photosynthesis, Food Requirements, Vitamins and their functions in the body,
Minerals and their functions in body, Elements in protein biosynthesis-Nucleic acids and
their importance.
Microbiology:
Microorganism, isolation of microorganism, identification, stains and staining techniques,
Growth, nutrition and physiology of microorganism, diseases and control, microbial
genetics, microbial spoilage in food, beneficial microorganism, probiotic and prebiotic.
Fermentation-Process, types, design, Fermented food products. Enzymes-productionprimary
and secondary metabolites, application in food industry.
MATERIALS SCIENCE (CODE 12)
MATHEMATICS: (i) Vector Calculus (ii) Determinants and Matrices (iii) Analytic function
theory (iv) Calculus and ordinary Differential equations (v) numerical methods (vi)
Probability and statistics
QUANTUM MECHANICS, ATOMIC AND MOLECULAR PHYSICS :
Black body radiation, photoelectric effect – wave-particle duality of radiation– de-Broglie
hypothesis of matter waves – Heisenberg’s uncertainty principle – Schrödinger’s wave
equation – physical interpretation of wave function-Eigen-values and Eigen-functions –
particle in a box-simple harmonic oscillator-Motion in a central potential-orbital angular
momentum–particle in a square-well potential – potential barrier-Spectra of one and many
electron atoms-LS and jj coupling - fine structure – spectroscopic terms and selection rules –
hyperfine structure – exchange symmetry of wave function –Pauli's exclusion principle-
Zeeman and Stark effects- - X-ray – Auger transitions – Compton Effect-basic principlesrotational
and vibrational spectra of diatomic molecules-electronic transition in diatomic
molecules-Franck-Condon principle-Raman effect-NMR-ESR-Nuclear properties and forces–
radioactivity - alpha, beta and gamma radiation.
SOLID STATE PHYSICS:
Crystal structure , Bravais lattices and its basis, Miller indices- Crystal symmetry, point
group and space group elements - crystal diffraction and reciprocal lattice-elementary ideas
about point defects and dislocations (edge and screw) - Physical Properties of materials -
lattice vibrations, phonons - specific heat of solids – thermal and electrical conductivity - Dielectrics
behavior - Polarization mechanisms, Clausius-Mossotti equation, Piezo, Pyro and
ferro electricity- free electron theory of metals- Fermi energy and density of states- -Energy
levels in One Dimension, Fermi-Dirac Distribution, effect of Temperature on the Fermi-Dirac
Distribution, free electron Gas in Three Dimension-origin of energy bands- Elements of
band theory – Electrons motion in periodic potential, concept of holes and effective mass-
Hall effect- Different types of materials: Metals, Semiconductors, Composite materials,
Ceramics, Alloys, Polymers
LASERS:
Basic Principle of Laser- Threshold condition-Einstein Coefficients - condition for light
amplification - - Line shape function - Optical Resonators -CW operation of laser; Critical
pumping rate- Population inversion and photon number in the cavity around threshold;
Output coupling of laser power- Optical resonators- Cavity modes- Three level and four
level systems. Solid State lasers - Ruby and Nd-YAG Laser - Gas lasers - He-Ne and Co2
lasers - semiconductor lasers - Heterojunction lasers - Liquid Dye lasers - Qswitching and
mode locking. Application of laser in industry-Medical applications -Holography - Theory
of recording and reconstruction - application of Holography
ELECTRICITY AND MAGNETISM:
Electrostatics; Coulomb’s law, Gauss’s law and its applications, Laplace and Poisson
equations, boundary conditions Conductors, capacitors, dielectrics, dielectric polarization,
volume and surface charges, electrostatic energy, Magnetostatics, Biot_Savart law,
Ampere’s law, Faraday’s law of electromagnetic induction, Maxwell’s equations and static
and time varying equations, Poynting theorem Lorentz Force and motion of charged
particles in electric and magnetic fields, energy and momentum of electromagnetic waves,
radiation from a moving charge. Electromagnetic waves in free space, dielectrics, and
conductors, Reflection and refraction, polarization, Fresnel’s Law, interference, coherence,
and diffraction, Dia, Para and Ferromagnetism, Langevin’s theory of paramagnetism
THERMODYNAMICS:
Thermodynamic system – Path and Process – Zeroth law of Thermodynamics – Concept of
Temperature – First law of Thermodynamics - Isothermal and Adiabatic Processes – Second
law of Thermodynamics – Reversible and Irreversible processes – Carnot’s Engine –
Thermodynamic Substance of Pure Substances – Kinetic Theory of gases – Law of
Equipartition Energy – Ideal and Real Gases – Equation of State – Thermodynamic relation –
T-ds relation – Maxwell’s Equation – Phase Transitions – Gibbs’s Phase Rule – Van’t Hoff’s
Equation
MATERIALS CHEMISTRY:
Atomic structure – Bohr’s theory – Exclusion principle – Hund’s rule – Afbau principle –
Periodic law and arrangement of elements – Bonding structure – Ionic, Covalent, Metallic,
Weak bonds- Acids and Bases- Chemical periodicity - Structure and bonding in homo- and
heteronuclear molecules (VSEPR Theory) - Allotropes of carbon: graphite, diamond, C60.
Synthesis and reactivity of inorganic polymers of Si and P – Hydrocarbons - IUPAC
Nomenclature - Hybridization – Aromaticity – Huckel’s rule – Tautomerism –
Stereochemistry – Electrochemistry - Electrochemical cells; standard electrode potentials:
applications – corrosion and energy conversion
BIOLOGY AND HEALTH SCIENCES
Anatomy: Cardiovascular System-Respiratory System-Excretory System. Physiology:
Chemical composition of the body -Neurons & membrane potentials. Basic Cell biology: Cell
components- Cell membrane structure- DNA structure. Genetics: DNA replicationtranscription
and translation-Bacteriology: Bacterial cell- structure and function. Virology:
Bacteriophage-Microbes- Types. Common infectious diseases: Hepatitis, Malaria,
HIV/AIDS. Cancers: Types and Classification. Biochemistry: Amino acids- Carbohydrates-
Lipids. Immunology: components and response to foreign body
ELECTRONICS:
Semiconductors: Intrinsic and extrinsic semiconductors, Fermi level, P-N junction diodes-
Bipolar junction transistors and its applications, field effect transistors, JFET, MOSFET,
MESFET, MODFET and CCD: Various structures and their functioning, I-V characteristic
studies and applications, Transistor circuits in CE, CB, CC modes, Amplifier circuits with
transistors-Operational amplifier and its applications: Inverting, non -inverting, adder, sub
tractor, differentiator, wave form generator, comparator, filters (LPF, BPF, HPF), Schmitt
trigger, the 555 timer -Gates, flip flops, switches, registers, counters, multivibrators,
principles of A/D and D/A converters, applications of A/D and D/A Converters,
Regulators-CMOS process technology: silicon –semiconductor technology, wafer
processing, oxidation, epitaxial, deposition, ion implantation and diffusion, n-well CMOS
process, p-well CMOS process, Twin tub CMOS process and silicon on insulator
MEMS/NEMS:
Top down approach- front end approach-MEMS materials-MEMS Fabrication Techniques
:Bulk micromachining , Surface micromachining, Micro-molding processes, Nonlithography
based localized micromachining- Applications of MEMS/NEMS- Mechanical
Transducers : transduction methods, accelerometers, gyroscopes ,pressure sensors-Design,
Scaling Properties/Issues- Chemical and Biological Transducers: chemical sensors, molecule
based biosensors, cell based biosensors, chemical actuators, biological transducers, and
electrophoresis- optical transducers- thermal transducers-magnetic transducers-RF
transducers- Characterization of Micro/Nano Electromagnetic Mechanical Systems

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in