2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

18th January 2017, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Combined Engineering Services Examination Pattern

As you want to know patter pattern of Combined Engineering Services Examination, here I will get details for you.

Exam pattern
IES Exam comprising of three stages i.e.

Stage-I: Preliminary Exam for the selection of candidates for the Stage-II Main Examination. It will consist of two objective type (multiple choices) questions papers and carrying a maximum of 500 marks (Paper 1 - 200 marks and Paper II - 300 marks) as given below:
Subject Duration Maximum Marks
Paper-I (General Studies and Engineering Aptitude)
2 Hrs. 200

Paper-II (Civil/Mechanical/Electrical/Electronic and Technology)
3 Hrs. 300
Total 500

Note: There will be penalty (negative marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the objective type question papers. One-third (0.33) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.

Stage-II: Mains Examination will consists of two Conventional Type Papers

Subject Duration Maximum Marks
Paper-I (Civil/Mechanical/Electrical/Electronic and Technology)
3 Hrs. 300

Paper-II (Civil/Mechanical/Electrical/Electronic and Technology)
3 Hrs. 300
Total 600

Stage-III: Personality Test /Interview (200 Marks)

Candidates who are short listed in the Written Examination are required to appear for an Interview which carries maximum marks of 200.

Medical Examination
Candidates selected in the Interview are required to undergo a medical examination conducted by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare before being appointed to the different positions as mentioned above.
Candidates must write the papers in their own hand

Deduction upto five per cent of the maximum marks for the written papers will be made for illegible handwriting

Compensatory time of 20 minutes per hour shall be permitted for the blind candidates and candidates with Locomotor Disability and Cerebral Palsy

Marks will not be allotted for mere superficial knowledge

In the question papers, wherever required, SI units will be used

Candidates should use only international form of Indian numerals (e.g., 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc.) while answering question papers

Candidates are permitted to bring and use battery operated pocket calculators for conventional (essay) type papers only

It is also important to note that candidates are not permitted to use calculators for answering objective type papers

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in