2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

24th February 2017, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Combined Engineering Services Examination Pattern

Well below I have given you the B.Tech Civil Engineering Combined Engineering Services Examination pattern

B.Tech Civil Engineering Combined Engineering Services Examination pattern

Subject Duration Maximum Marks Marks

Section I - Objective Papers

General Ability Test

(Part A: General English)

(Part B: General Studies) 2 hrs. 200

Civil Engineering - Paper I 2 hrs. 200

Civil Engineering - Paper II 2 hrs. 200

Section II - Conventional Papers

Civil Engineering - Paper I 3 hrs. 200

Civil Engineering - Paper II 3 hrs. 200

TOTAL 1000

CIVIL ENGINEERING(for both objective and conventional type papers)
Paper I

1. Building Materials :
Timber : Different types and species of structural timber, density‐moisture relationship, strength in different directions,defects, influence of defects on permissible stress, preservation, dry and wet rots, codal provisions for designs. Plywood.

Bricks : Types, Indian Standards classification, absorption, saturation factor, strength in masonry, influence of mortar strength on masonry strength.

Cement : Compounds of, different types, setting times strength.

Cement Mortar : Ingredients, proportions, water demand, mortars for plastering and masonry.

Concrete : Importance of W/C Ratio, strength ingredients including admixtures, workability, testing for strength elasticity, non-destructive testing, mix design methods

2. Solid Mechanics :
Elastic constants, stress, plane stress, Mohr's circle of stress, strains, plane strain, Mohr's circle of strain combined stress;Elastic theories of failure; Simple bending, shear; Torsion of circular and rectangular sections and simple members.

3. Structural Analysis :
Analysis of determinate structures different methods including graphical methods.

Analysis of indeterminate skeletal frames moment distribution, slope deflection, stiffness and force methods, energy methods. Muller Breslaie principle and application.

Plastic analysis of indeterminate beams and simple frames shape factors.

4. Design of Steel Structures :
Principles of working stress method/Design of connections, simple members, Builtup sections and frames. Design of Industrial roofs. Principles of ultimate load design. Design of simple members and frames.

5. Design of Concrete and Masonry structures :
Limit state design for bending, shear, axial compression and combined forces. Codal provisions for slabs, beams walls and footings. Working stress method of design of R.C. members. Principles of prestressed concrete design, materials, methods of prestressing, losses. Designs of simple members and determinate structures. Introduction of prestressing of indeterminate structures.

Design of brick masonry as per I.S. Codes

6. Construction Practice, Planning and Management :
Concreting Equipment : Weight Batcher, mixer vibrator, batching plant, concrete pump.

Cranes, hoists, lifting equipment. Earthwork Equipment : Power shovel, hoe, dozer, dumper, trailers and tractor, rollers, sheep foot rollers pumps.

Construction, Planning and Management : Bar chart, linked bar chart, work‐break down structures. Activity‐on‐arrow diagrams; Critical path, probabilistic activity durations. Event‐based networks, PERT network; Time‐cost study, crashing; resource allocation.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in