2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

5th November 2014, 10:52 AM
Super Moderator

Re: TANCET exam application form dates

The Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) will be conducted by Anna University for admission to PG Courses (M.E/MBA/MCA/M.Arch) Full time courses.

TANCET 2014 Application Form issue date was on the February 2014

The TANCET 2014 exam was held in April 2014

The TANCET COUNSELLING 2014 was conducted in the month of August/September 2014.

TANCET Question Pattern

Number of Questions -100
No. of alternative answers-4
Mark for every correct answer- 1
Max. Marks-100
Negative marks for every wrong answer-1/4

Syllabus for TANCET Exam for MBA

PART 1. To evaluate the candidate's ability to pick out critically the data and apply the data to business decisions from given typical business situations.

PART 2. To evaluate the skill of the candidate in answering questions based on the passages in the comprehension.

PART 3. To evaluate the skill on solving mathematical problems of graduate level including those learnt in plus two or equivalent level.

PART 4. To test on determining data sufficiency for answering certain questions using data given plus the knowledge of Mathematics and use of day - to - day facts.

PART 5. To test the knowledge on written English with questions on errors in usage, grammar, punctuation and the like. Candidates are required to answer 100 objective type questions in 2 hours. Each question will be followed by five alternate answers. The candidate has to choose the correct answer and shade the appropriate circle against the question in the answer sheet with pencil/ball point pen (black or blue).

Part 1 - Mathematics (Common to all Candidates)
(i) Vector calculus (ii) Determinants and Matrics (iii) Analytic function theory (iv) Calculus and ordinary Differential Equations (v) Numerical Methods (vi) Probability and Statistics.

Part 2 - Basic Engg. and Sciences (Common to all Candidates)
(i) Fundamental of Applied Mech. (ii) Fundamentals of Material Science (iii) Basic Civil Engg. (iv) Basic Electrical Engg. (v) Basic Mechanical Engg. (vi) Fundamentals of Computers (vii) Fundamentals of Mathematics (viii) Fundamentals of Physics (ix) Fundamentals of Chemistry.

Part 3 - Civil Engg. & Geo. Informatics
(i) Mechanics of Solids and Structural Analysis (ii) Concrete and Steel Structure (iii) Soil Mechanics and Geo Technical Engineering (iv) Fluid Mechanics and Water Resources Engineering (v) Environmental Engineering (vi) Surveying (vii) Transportation Engineering (viii) Remote Sensing (ix) Geographic Information Systems (GIS).

Part 4 - Mechanical, Automobile and Aeronautical Engineering
(i) Mechanics and Machine Design (ii) Material Science and Metallurgy (iii) Thermo dynamics (iv) Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (v) Production Technology (vi) Automotive Engines (vii) Automotive Transmission (viii) Aerodynamics (ix) Aerospace Propulsion. (x) Strength of Materials

Part 5 - Electrical, Electronics & Communication, Instrumentation and Avionics
(i) Circuit Theory (ii) DC & AC Machines (iii) Control Systems (iv) Communication Systems (v) Power Electronics (vi) Network Analysis (vii) Microprocessors, Computer Applications (viii) Transducers and Instrumentation (ix) Avionics

Part 6 - Earth Sciences
(i) Physical Geology and Geo Morphology (ii) Petrology (iii) Structural Geology (iv) Economic Geology (v) Geo Physics and Engineering Geology (vi) Remote Sensing (vii) Hydro Geology.

Part 7 - Production and Industrial Engineering
(i) Casting, metal forming and metal joining processes (ii) Tool Engineering, Machine tool operation, Metrology and inspection (iii) Engineering Materials, Processing of Plastics and Computer Aided Manufacturing (iv) Product Design, Process Planning, Cost Estimate, Design of Jigs and Fixtures and Press Tools (v) Operations Research (vi) Operations Management (vii) Quality Control Reliability and Maintenance.

Part 8 - Computer Science and Engineering
(i) Discrete Mathematical Structures, Formal Language and Automatia (ii) Micro Processor and Hardware Systems (iii) Computer Organization and Architecture (iv) System Programming including Assemblers, Compilers and Operating Systems (v) Programming Methodology, Data Structures and Algorithms including A1 Algorithm (vi) Database Systems (vii) Computer Networks.

Part 9 - Chemistry, Chemical Engg. & Ceramic Tech.
(i) Thermo dynamics and Kinetics (ii) Heat and Mass Transfer (iii) Fluid Flow (iv) Chemical Process Industries (v) IR, NMR and Mass Spectrometry (vi) Polymer Chemistry and Polymerisation Processes (vii) Fine Ceramics (viii) Glass & Cement (ix) Refractory Materials.(x) Organic reactions (xi) Electro Chemistry.

Part 10 - Textile Technology
Textile Fibers - Production and Properties (ii) Spinning (iii) Fabric Production (iv) Textile Physics (v) Chemical Processing of Textile Materials (vi) Process and Quality Control in Textile Materials.

Part 11 - Leather Technology
(i) Chemistry of Proteins - Collagen and keratin (ii) Principles of various pre-tanning, tanning and post-tanning finishing operations (iii) Technologies aspects of various leather manufacture (iv) Environmental & Management in Leather Industries - Animal and Tannery by-products Utilisation (v) Leather Machinery (vi) Analysis and Testing of Materials used in Leather Processing as well as Leather (vii) Designing and Construction of Footwear and Leather Goods.

Part 12 - Architecture
Building Materials, Building Construction and Technology, History of Architecture, Principles of Architecture, Building Services, Housing, Urban Design and Renewal, Town Planning, Landscape Architecture, Climatology.

Part 13 - Physics and Material Science
(i) Crystal Physics (ii) Electricity and Magnetism (iii) Optics and Quantum Mechanics (iv) Modern Physics (v) Mechanical and Electronic Properties of Materials (vi) Chemical and Thermal properties of materials (vii) Traditional and advanced ceramics.

Part 14 - Applied Probabilities and Statistics
(i) Probability - Introductory ideas (ii) Measures of central tendency and Dispersion (iii) Random variable (one and dimensional) (iv) Standard Probability distributions (v) Sampling and sampling distribution, Estimation (vi) Regression and Correlation analysis (vii) Time series.

Part 15 - Social Sciences
Settlement Geography, Economic Geography, Industrial locations, Regional Planning, Information Systems, Urban Sociology, Community Development, Social Development and Change, Public Participation, Rural Development, Agglomeration Economics, Economic base of settlements, Development Economics and Planning, Land Economics and Industrialization Policy.

Last edited by Kiran Chandar; 5th November 2014 at 11:07 AM.
20th March 2015, 12:28 PM
Unregistered

Can you tell me about the TANCET (Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test) exam application form dates as I want to apply for the exam?
20th March 2015, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

The TANCET (Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test) exam is for admission into post graduation courses of M.E. / M. Tech / MBA / MCA / M. Arch / M. Plan Programs.

TANCET Exam Application Form Dates 2015

Commencement of Registration in Person / Internet
March, 2015

Last date for Registration at Co-ordinating Centers and Registration through Internet
March, 2015

Last date for Spot Registration at Chennai center and receipt of applications registered through internet
March, 2015

Last date for Registration in Co-ordinating Centers in person and issue of Hall Ticket
March, 2015

Last date for Registration in Chennai in person and issue of Hall Ticke
March, 2015

TANCET 2015 Exam dates
April, 2015

TANCET 2015 Results Announcement
May 2015

TANCET Eligibility Criteria
For MCA:
The applicants should be having a Bachelor Degree of 3 years duration with minimum 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ ST).

The applicants should have studied Mathematics as the main subject in their qualify degree for this purpose.

For MBA:
The applicants should be a Bachelor in any stream with minimum 50% marks for being eligible to the concerned course program of the university.

For M. Tech:
The applicants should be having a Bachelor Degree in Engineering/ Technology in the concerned discipline for which application has been made which includes: Chemical, Electrical, Electronics and Communication, Information Technology, Tele Communications, Computer Science or Software Engineering respectively

For M. Plan:
Bachelor of Archeology, Bachelor of Planning, Bachelor of Engineering (Civil), Master of Science or Master of Arts

For M. Arch:
Bachelor of Archeology from any AIIA recognized degree colleges/ universities.
The Master of Archeology course is available for the following disciplines: Environmental Architecture, Digital Architecture, Landscape Architecture and Real Estate Development respectively.

Tags
application

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in