2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

17th September 2014, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator

Re: TANCET MCA Exam and Form Dates

Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test ( TANCET ) is conducted by TNSF – Consortium for admission in MBA, MCA, ME, MTech courses

TANCET Entrance Exam
TANCET MCA Exam Date : 22nd March, 2014

TANCET Application Form
TANCET 2014 Application Form Last Date ( Other Centers ) : 22nd February, 2014
TANCET 2014 Application Form Last Date ( Chennai Centers ) : 24th February, 2014

TANCET MCA Exam Pattern

-MCA Entrance Exam is a multiple-choice based entrance exam
-It is a two hours paper comprises of 100 questions of one mark each comprising of the following given topics:-

Analytical ability
Logical Reasoning
Computer Awareness
Quantitative Ability

-Each question shall carry 1marks for correct answer.
-For every incorrect answer one-fourth mark shall be deducted.

TANCET MCA Exam Syllabus:

TANCET exam consists of the following given subject:-

Algebra:

Fundamental operations in Algebra, Expansion, factorization, simultaneous linear / quadratic equations, indices, logarithms, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, binomial theorem, permutations and combinations, surds, determinants, matrices and application to solution of simultaneous linear equations.

Co-ordinate Geometry:

Rectangular Cartesian co-ordinates, equations of a line, mid point,intersections etc., equations of a circle, distance formulae, pair of straight lines, parabola,ellipse and hyperbola, simple geometric transformations such as translation, rotation, scaling.

Calculus:

Limit of functions, continuous functions, differentiation of functions(s),Tangents and normal, simple examples of maxima and minima, Integration of function by parts, by substitution and by partial fraction, definite integral application to volumes and surfaces of frustums of a sphere, cone, cylinder, Taylor Series.

Differential Equations:

Differential equations of first order and their solutions, linear differential equations with constant coefficients, homogenous linear differential equations.

Vector:

Position vector, additions and subtraction of vectors, scalar and vector products and their applications to simple geometrical problems and mechanics.

Trigonometry:

Simple identities, trigonometric equations, properties of triangles, solution of triangles, height and distance, inverse function

Probability and Statistics:

Basic concepts of probability theory, Averages, Dependent and independent events, frequency distributions, and measures of dispersions, skewness and kurtosis, random variable and distribution functions, mathematical expectations, Binomial, Poisson, normal distributions, curve fitting, and principle of least squares, correlation and regression.

Linear Programming:

Formulation of simple linear programming problems, basic concepts of graphical and simplex methods

Computer Awareness:

Computer Basics: Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), Structure of instructions in CPU, input / output devices, computer memory, memory organization, back-up devices

Data Representation:

Representation of characters, integers, and fractions, binary and hexadecimal representations, Binary Arithmetic: Addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, single arithmetic and two complement arithmetic, floating point representation of numbers, normalized floating point representation, Boolean algebra, truth tables, Venn diagrams.

Computer Architecture: Block structure of computers, communication between processor and I / O devices, interrupts

Computer Language: Assembly language and high level language, Multiprogramming and time sharing operating systems, Computer Programming in C.

Flow chart and Algorithms

Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning:

The questions in this section will cover logical reasoning, quantitative reasoning, visuo-spatial reasoning.
27th February 2016, 06:12 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir, I am Nikhil Verma. I want to do MCA and I am preparing for TANCET. Can you provide me some information regarding the TANCET MCA Exam and Form Dates?
27th February 2016, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator

Anna University conducts TANCET (Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test) for the admission to the post graduate courses like MBA, MCA, ME/ M.Tech/ M.Arch and others.

As you have asked about the exam form and dates of TANCET, I want to tell you that TANCET exam form has not been released yet.

You have to wait till the release of the notification for the TANCET to apply for it.
Application form has to be submitted through online mode.

You can find the form on the Anna University website, when available.

GO to Anna university website, the page open look like

Here you will find the link to the TANCET 2016, when available.

Important Dates (Tentative):

Commencement of registration in person / registration through internet:-February 2016
Last date for registration in person at co-coordinating centres and registration through internet:-February 2016
Last date for registration in person at Chennai centres and receipt of applications registered through Internet: February 2016
Date of examination:-March 2016

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in