2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

29th November 2014, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Job in Merchant navy after 12th arts

Yeah you can apply for job in Merchant navy after 10th or 12th (Arts). Candidates who are very interested to make their career in Merchant Navy can join after 10th or 12th standard or class from a recognized institute or board.
The last recruitment in Merchant navy for 12th passed candidate was held on 11th January, 2014.

Here I am providing you the details of last recruitment

Merchant Navy invited recruitment for 2280 candidates for various jobs after 10th / 12th for Deck Officer, Marine Engineer, Saloon Rating, Fitter, Pre. Sea Rating Deck.

Educational Qualification-

Applicant must have completed his/her 10th or 12th standard from any recognized institute or board.

Age criteria-

Candidates should be above 17 years and below 25 years to be eligible to apply for merchant navy jobs.

How to Apply:

All the candidates who are eligible and interested to apply through prescribed format along with all relevant Documents/Certificates, two passport size Photos and two envelop affixed with 5 rupees post tickets, the applied candidates are informed that please write on the envelop with Application Post and send it to
“To, Director,
ASMS 17-C, Raipur Road,
Dehradun (Uttarkhand) – 248001″.

Selection Criteria:

Candidates will be selected on the performance of Written test and short listed candidates are called for a final round i.e., for an interview.
1st December 2015, 05:49 PM
Unregistered

Hello, I would like to know as to how to join Merchant navy after 12th arts. Tell me the necessary eligibity criteria and other parameter required to join Merchant navy. I have done 12 with arts stream in first division.
1st December 2015, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator

: Eligibility for Merchant Navy; Merchant Navy can be joined after 10th as seafarer after qualifying pre sea courses or after 12th as an officer through various degree or diploma courses in mainly two specialized fields, Nautical (Deck) and Marine engineering. Unmarried Female and Male candidate are eligible .

Educational Qualification:

You should have passed your 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics.

you must be Indian citizen.

Age limit for candidates is 16 years to 19.5 years while training.

Medical Standards:

Candidates should be physically and Mentally strong, fit for sea-services under standard norms

Eye-Sight :

6/6 without glasses, No color Blindness. (The candidate is subject to medical examination).

Courses to join Merchant Navy :

Pre-sea Training for personnel N.C.V (ENGINE)
1 year Pre-Sea Diploma in Nautical Science
B.S. in Nautical Technology (3 years training at Institute + 1 year at Sea)
3-Year B.Sc. Degree in Nautical Science
2-year Marine Engineering course
1-year Marine Engineering Course, Graduate Marine Engineer(GME)
20th November 2016, 09:43 PM
aarti gaur

sir i m aarti gaur. pursuing B. A final year and i have 1 year expireans in customers service in air india sats ( igi airport in Delhi) so can i join the merchant navy
23rd March 2017, 07:33 AM
Unregistered

sorry you are not aligable top join merchant navy if you want to join such thinks you must complete your 10+2 from PCM
25th July 2017, 10:31 PM
Sutapa biswaa

I'm 10+2 pass arts candidate and also hotel management student.my d.o.b.26/08/1992
Can I join Navy?
12th August 2017, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi can I get job in Merchant navy after 10th or 12th (Arts) please give me some info about it?
My name is RAHUL VERMA. I am 18years old. I live in faridabad (haryana). My height and weight 163cm and 49kg.
3rd September 2017, 11:31 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hi can I get job in Merchant navy after 10th or 12th (Arts) please give me some info about it?
mane merchant navy join karni h ssir bata do
6th January 2018, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Any diploma have inportant submit in merchant Navy

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in