2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

30th October 2014, 10:13 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Merchant Navy after 12th for girls

Yeah of course you can join merchant navy if you Eligible.
Here I am providing you the eligibility criteria for Merchant Navy.

Eligibility for Merchant Navy-

After 10th as seafarer after qualifying pre sea courses or after 12th as an officer through various degree or diploma courses in mainly two specialized fields, Nautical (Deck) and Marine engineering.
Unmarried Female and Male candidate are eligible .

Age Limit : 16-25 Years

Medical Standards:

Candidates should be physically and Mentally strong, fit for sea-services under standard norms

Eye-Sight :

6/6 without glasses, No color Blindness. (The candidate is subject to medical examination).

To join Merchant Navy you have to appear in NDA Exam.

NDA Exam

Physical requirement-

Height and weight standards

15th February 2016, 02:27 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir, my sister is wants to join merchant navy after her 12th exam. Can girls join merchant navy after 12th? Provide me detail?
15th February 2016, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator

Yes your sister can get apply in merchant navy. As per my knowledge Girls can join Merchant Navy after her 12th exam. Being a girl your sister is eligible to join Merchant Navy.

There are various courses related to Merchant Navy, which your sister can do in order to get entry in Merchant Navy.

For getting entry in Merchant Navy your sister have to appear in Indian Maritime University (IMU) examination. A career in merchant navy is considered to be very adventurous as well as interesting.

Eligibility Criteria:-

Candidates should have completed 12th class with science stream.
Candidates should have minimum 60% marks in 12th.

Girls candidates are should be unmarried.

Age should be below 20 years.

Physical Requirements:

Eye Sight = 6/6,
Height = 167 cms,
Weight = 50 Kg
Chest = 77 cm (Normal) / 82 cm (Expanding)

Selection is based upon:

Cut of marks in Exam
Medical and fitness test
Interview

Institutes for merchant navy:

Institute of Technology and Marine Engineering (ITME), Kolkata

Maharashtra Academy of Naval Education and Training(MANET), Pune

Tolani Maritime Institute (TMI), pune

Vels Academy of Maritime Studies, Chennai

International Maritime Institute(IMI), Delhi
27th September 2019, 08:33 AM
Unregistered

Hi buddy my sister want to join Merchant Navy after 12th so here I have come to know is girls can join Merchant Navy after 12th , plz guide me about the same here ??
27th September 2019, 08:34 AM
Super Moderator

Yes, of course your sister can join in Merchant Navy after completing 12th standard. Girls are eligible to join in Merchant Navy. To get admission in the Merchant Navy you have to appeared qualifying in the IMU examination.

Process to join Merchant Navy after 12th
Girls can easily join merchant navy , by appearing for IMUCET examination conducted twice a year

Give sponsorship exam for different companies (sponsorship exam consists of physcometric exam , interview , medical exam as well as a written examination ). some of. The best companies are Anglo eastern, great eastern , shipping corporation of India .

After clearing imucet exam and sponsorship exam , be ready to report at the maritime institutes for further admission process .

NOTE :- don't get carried away by fake institutions,as merchant navy needs no coaching ,exam pattern is based on class 11th and 12th pcm +Gk , aptitude+English

These days merchant navy is over flooded , even after completing the course cadets are not placed well ,and have increased waiting period .

One of my friends who completed DNS from samundra institute of maritime studies is not placed anywhere even after waiting for 1 year.
5th September 2020, 09:26 AM
Unregistered

girls are eligible for marine engineering
1st December 2020, 12:02 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir iam 12th science group my percent stage in 72% but I will ba English literature students. Iam eligible for merchant navy

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in