2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

20th July 2014, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator

Re: TET exam eligibility and other details

Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET)is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) for filling vacant seats of Teachers for classes I to VIII by eligible candidates. Here are the details of this entrance test;

Required qualification
For Classes I-V (Primary Stage) Teacher
The applicant should have completed Senior Secondary with a minimum of 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education.

For Classes VI-VIII (Elementary Stage) Teacher
The applicant should be Graduation and passed or appearing in final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary.

Important dates;
Submission of On-line application : 15.03.2013 to 16.04.2013
Last date for Online Submission of application : 16.04.2013
Last date for receipt of Confirmation Page in CBSE, CTET Unit : 22.04.2013

Syllabus:
Here I am uploading a pdf file which contains the syllabus; you can use it in your studies:

Attached Files
File Type: pdf CTET syllabus.pdf (220.0 KB, 47 views)
23rd February 2015, 11:25 AM
Unregistered

Can you tell me about the eligibility required and other detail of the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) as I want to apply for the exam?
23rd February 2015, 11:39 AM
Super Moderator

Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) conducts recruitment of Teachers for Classes I to VIII through Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET).

Educational Qualification: The candidates with the following minimum educational qualification are eligible for appearing in CTET.

Minimum Educational Qualifications for becoming Teacher for Classes I-V (Primary Stage):

Senior Secondary or its equivalent with minimum 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education.

OR

Senior Secondary or its equivalent with minimum 45% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education, in accordance with the NCTE Regulations, 2002.

OR

Senior Secondary or its equivalent with minimum 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed).

OR

Senior Secondary or its equivalent with minimum 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2-year Diploma in Education (Special Education).

OR

Graduate and passed or appearing in final year of two year Diploma in Elementary Education.

Minimum Educational Qualification for becoming Teacher for Classes VI-VIII (Elementary Stage):

Graduate and passed or appearing in final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known).

OR

Graduate with minimum 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed).

OR

Graduation with minimum 45% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed), in accordance with the NCTE Regulations issued from time to time in this regard.

OR

Senior Secondary or its equivalent with minimum 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4-year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed).

OR

Senior Secondary or its equivalent with minimum 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4-year B.A/B.Sc.Ed or B.A. Ed/B.Sc.Ed.

OR

Graduate with minimum 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year B.Ed. (Special Education).

Selection Process:
Candidates are selected based on Examination.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in