2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

30th October 2012, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) Central Police of Organizations Examination (Sub

The Staff Selection Commission or SSC is a Indian government organization to recruit staff for various posts in the various Ministries and Departments of the Government of India and in Subordinate Offices.

The SSC Central Police of Organizations exam for Sub Inspector details are as given below:

SSC Central Police of Organizations Sub Inspector:

Qualification:
The candidate should have Graduation (Bachelor's Degree) in any stream from a recognised University or equivalent.

Age limit:
The candidate’s age should be in between 20-25 years.

For the detailed eligibility, here is attachment:
Eligibility

Fee Payable:
The fees payable for the general category is Rs 100/-(Rupees One Hundred only). & no fee for Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes/ Ex-Servicemen

How to apply:
The application must be submitted in the defined format.

The candidates may also download the Application Form from SSC’s Website.

The application must be filled up by the candidate in their own handwriting.

For detailed applying procedure here is attachment:
SSC SI CPO’s applying procedure

Scheme of Examination & Syllabus
(A): SCHEME OF EXAMINATION
The examination will consist of two parts, viz.,
PART-I – Written Examination, carrying 500 marks, and
PART-II – Personality Test (Interview): The personality test will carry maximum of 100
marks for all the posts.
PART-I: The subjects of the written examination (Part-I), the maximum marks and time
allowed for each subject will be as given below:-
Paper No. Subject No of Ques Max. marks Duration

Paper-I GENERAL STUDIES
(a) General Intelligence 50 and Reasoning 400 2 hours
(b) General Awareness 75
(c) Numerical Ability 75 10.00 AM to12.00 Noon

Paper-II GENERAL ENGLISH
(a) Language Comprehension 100 1 hour
(b) Communication /Writing Skill 2.00 PM-3.00 PM
NOTE-I: Paper-I will consist of objective type multiple choice questions only. The question paper of Paper I for General Intelligence, Numerical Abilities and General Awareness will be set in both English and Hindi languages.
NOTE-II: Candidates must write the papers in their own hand. In no circumstances, will they be allowed the help of a scribe to write the answers for them.
NOTE-III: Metric system of weight and measures only be used, while answering the questions.
NOTE-IV: Candidates are not permitted to use calculators or any mechanical/electric device for answering any paper (Test Booklets). They should not, therefore, bring the same inside the Examination Hall. Possession thereof, whether in use or not, may be termed as ‘using unfair means’ in the Examination.

(B): SYLLABUS

PAPER-I - GENERAL STUDIES
The syllabus of the three parts would be as detailed below:-
(a) General Intelligence and Reasoning: It would include questions of both verbal and nonverbal type.
The test will include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, space visualization, problem solving, analysis, judgement, decision making, visual memory, discriminating observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series, non-verbal series etc. The test will also include questions designed to test the candidate’s abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationship, arithmetical computation and other analytical functions.

(b) General Awareness:
Questions will be aimed at testing the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of every day observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining to history, culture, geography, economic scene, general polity, Indian Constitution, Sports and scientific research.

(c) Numerical Ability:
The questions will be designed to test the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of the candidate. The scope of the test will be the computation of whole numbers, decimals and fractions and relationships between numbers. It will test sense of order among numbers, ability to translate from one name to another, sense or order of magnitude, estimation or prediction of the out-come of computation, selection of an appropriate operation for the solution to real life problems and knowledge of alternative computation procedures to find answers.

Paper-II:
GENERAL ENGLISH:

This paper will be descriptive type. The candidates will be mainly tested in the following areas:-
(i) Simple and plain use of English Language and clarity of expression.
(ii) Effective Communication skill in English with due economy of words.
Questions will be designed to test the candidate’s understanding and working knowledge of English Language, their Comprehension and their ability at communication skill. There will also be questions on precis writing, letter writing, paragraph or report writing etc.

Physical standards test:
for the detailed Physical Standards test information here is attachment:
Physical standards test

Question paper:
The question for the SSC SI CPOs is in given below attachment:
SSC CPOs paper

Important dates:
The SSC publish the SI CPOs job notification in the year 2012 month of March, so here is tentative dates for that notification if the SSC will publish that in future:

The Advertisement & Notification of CPO Examination 2013 will be published –
Mid February 2013

The last date For filling Application Form: Mid March 2013

The CPO written Examination Dates:
Last week of May 2013

The date for CPO Admit Card Download / Duplicate Provisional Hall Ticket:
1st week of May

The date when CPO 2013 Results:
End of June 2013

Main page:
The main page of the SSC looks same as the image given below:

Contact details:
Regional Director (CR)
Phone no: 0532-2250372
Email: rdcrssc@gmail.com
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Eligibility.pdf (229.9 KB, 152 views)
File Type: pdf SSC SI CPO’s applying procedure.pdf (230.0 KB, 139 views)
File Type: pdf Physical standards test.pdf (229.9 KB, 97 views)
File Type: doc SSC CPOs paper.doc (61.5 KB, 65 views)

Last edited by Shaleen; 30th October 2012 at 11:43 AM.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in