2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

9th April 2016, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

Re: JNCASR Summer Training

Hello, here I am providing you the details of the summer training fellowship programs offered by Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research as under:

About the course:
The Centre offers summer fellowships for two months to bright undergraduate and MSc students (renewable for a second year for selected students). This programme has proved to be popular and competitive; each year, about 2000 students from all over India apply for the 50-60 fellowships awarded.

Research areas:
Life Sciences
Materials Sciences
Chemical Sciences
Physical Sciences
Engineering Sciences
Mathematics
Atmospheric Sciences

MINIMUM ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLYING:

Students who have secured not less than 80% in Maths and Science subjects in their 10th and 12th standard or equivalent examinations
Students presently studying in I and II year of B.Sc., II, III & IV year of B.S., I, II & III year of B.E. /B.Tech., I year of M.Sc., and I-IV year of Integrated M.Sc. can apply for Life Sciences and Mathematics.
Students presently studying in II & III year of B.Sc., II, III & IV year B.S., II, III & IV year of B.E/B.Tech., I year of M.Sc. and II-IV year of Integrated M.Sc. can apply for Physical Sciences, Engineering Sciences and Atmospheric Sciences.
Students presently studying in I year of M.Sc. can apply for Materials Sciences and Chemical Sciences.

CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
Uniformly good academic record.
Candidates who are recipients of NTS merit scholarships /INSPIRE/ Olympiads etc. but in case of such a candidate being selected, he/she has to forego fellowship received from other source to be eligible)
Demonstration of special aptitude and preparedness for research activity, such as a habit of reading scientific papers and books.
Referees recommendations and replies to queries in the application form to be given due consideration.

Important dates:
Last date for downloading application form from website: 30 December 2015
Last date for receipt of completed application form: 5th January 2016

Contact details:
The Academic Coordinator
Fellowships and Extension Programmes
Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research
Jakkur P.O., Bangalore –
560 064

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in