2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

29th November 2014, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IRTS Eligibility Criteria

As you want to get IRTS exam eligibility so I am giving you same.
IRTS is Indian Railway Traffic Service.
This exam is conducted by UPSC.

Eligibility:
Nationality
Candidate must be a citizen of India.
If a candidate is a subject of Nepal or Bhutan is also eligible.
If candidate is a Tibetan refugee who lives in India before 1st January, 1962 is also eligible.

Educational Qualification:

Candidate must have a graduate degree for applying this exam.

Age Limit:
Minimum age is 21 years.

Maximum age is 30 years.

Examination Pattern:
Examination will base on two stages:

1. Preliminary Examination
Objective type

2. Main Examination
Written and interview

Here I am giving you IRTS UPSC notification attachment:

Attached Files
File Type: pdf IRTS UPSC Notification.pdf (5.56 MB, 210 views)
2nd February 2015, 07:44 PM
sujit baug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to get the eligibility criteria for IRTS exam, will you please provide me that ?
u please provide the answer on my email id sujitbaug12@gmail.com
24th September 2019, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

Hi buddy here I am looking for eligibility criteria to appear in Indian Railway Traffic Service (IRTS) exam so will you plz let me know about the same as I am thinking to appear in this exam ??
24th September 2019, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

Indian Railway Traffic Service (IRTS) is civil service or a competitive exam in India conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) India.
Eligibility
Applicants must hold a Bachelor's Degree from any of the recognised Universities. Applicants who have appeared or to appear for the qualifying examination and are awaiting for results are also eligible to appear for the Preliminary Examination. Such candidates have to produce proof of having passed the said examination along with the application for the Main Examination. Applicants with professional and technical qualifications recognised by the Government or its equivalent can also apply Applicants who have passed the final year of MBBS or any Medical Examination but are yet to complete the internship can also appear for the Main Examination. However they must submit along with their Main Examination application, a certificate from the concerned the University they have passed the final professional medical examination.
Age Limit :
Applicants must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on the 1st of August, 2019.
The upper age limit is relaxable for the candidates belonging to the following category:
o 5 years - SC/ST
o 3 years - Other Backward Classes
o 5 years if a Applicants had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from the 1st January, 1980 to the 31st December, 1989.
o 3 years-Defence Services personnel
o 5 years-ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st August, 2015
o 5 years in the case of ECOs/SSCOs
o 10 years- Blind, deaf-mute and orthopedically handicapped persons
2. Number of attempts:
The maximum number of attempts restriction is effective from the examination held in 1984. In case other eligibility conditions apply:
o General Applicants: 6 attempts.
o Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe Applicants: No restriction.
o Other Backward Classes: 9 attempts.
o Physically handicapped- 9 attempts for general and OBC, while unlimited for SC/ST

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in