2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

8th August 2014, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

Re: IPS Exam Eligibility

Being a graduate in Diploma in Computer science yes you are eligible for Indian Police Service exam.
Indian Police Service (IPS) Exam for the recruitment of Indian applicants for the different Posts in Indian Civil Services conducts by Government of India.

Eligibility criteria:
Total no. of attempts should be 4 times and for SC/ St Category the no. of attempts is 7.
Applicants must have degree in any discipline from any University recognised by Government.
Applicants age should be between 21 and 30 years.

Exam patten:
Paper I Objective Type –- 200 Marks
Paper II Objective Type - 200 Marks
Paper III English Language Descriptive Type - 200 Marks
Paper IV Essay - Descriptive Type - 200 Marks
Paper V General Descriptive Type - 200 Marks
Interview - 200 Marks

Indian Police Service Physical Eligibility Criteria:
Blood pressure (High) – Age 23 – 123, age 24 – 124, age 25 –122, age 28 – 124, age 30 –125, age 32 – 126, age 34 – 127.

Ladies should not be pregnant at the time of Medical Test.

Nasal- candidate should not stammer while speaking.
Ear- good listening & normal ear cavity. 1000 to 4000 frequency hearing impairment shd not be more than 30 decibels.

Height – Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm

Female 150 cm Pahari Female (general also) & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm

Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.

Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.
(Those who can’t expand the chest go to next service. If expansion is less during 1st Medical, i.e. just after interview; during second Medical, i.e. after the result, or appeal, expansion can be shown.)
Many people fail in this test of chest expansion.

Eye sight – 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. 6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye. Near vision J 1 for good eye. J2 for worst eye. The correction is by lenses only.
High standard for the Colour-blind test. No inherent night blindness. Vision should stereoscopic.
27th November 2014, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

IPS exam Eligibility

I have scored 52% marks can I apply for IPS exam? Please tell me its eligibility criteria?
27th November 2014, 01:13 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IPS exam Eligibility

Indian Police Service Limited Competitive Examination is conducted by UPSC.

Eligibility Criteria for IPS Exam:
Candidate must be a citizen of India.

Candidate must have graduation degree in any discipline from recognized university

Age limit-
Minimum 21 years
Maximum 30 years
Upper Age Relaxation for reserved Category
3 years for OBC and
5 for SC /ST

Number of Attempts
Four attempts for general,
Seven for OBCs and
No limit for SCs/STs

Exam Pattern:
Part B - Main Examination - Optional Subjects

Paper-I One of the Indian Languages
300 Marks

Paper-II English (Qualifying Paper)
300 Marks

Paper-III Essay [in the medium you choose]
200 Marks

Papers IV & V General Studies (300 Marks for each paper)
600 Marks

Papers VI, VII, VIII & IX Any two subjects (each having 2 papers) to be selected from optional subjects (300 marks for each paper) 1200 Marks

Total Marks for Written Examination 2000 Marks
Interview Test 300 Marks
Grand Total 2300 Marks

IPS Exam Question Paper

Attached Files
File Type: pdf IPS Exam Question Paper.pdf (917.4 KB, 68 views)
3rd December 2014, 08:53 AM
Unregistered

IPS Exam Eligibility

Can you tell me about the minimum qualification required for IPS (Indian Police Service) exam as I want to apply for the exam?
3rd December 2014, 10:00 AM
Super Moderator

IPS or the Indian Police Service is one of the most prestigious services in India. The IPS Exam is part of the Civil Services Exam conducted by the UPSC and not separate.

IPS Exam Eligibility

One must be minimum 21 years of age at the time of filling the Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam form and maximum 30 years of age (various relaxations are available for different categories).

One must possess a graduate degree in any discipline of any of the Universities recognized in India or possess an equivalent qualification.

Those who are in the final semester or have taken their final degree exam but are awaiting the results can also appear for the IPS Preliminary exam provided they furnish their proof of degree while filling the Mains form.

Physical Requirements for IPS

Candidates on clearing the civil services mains exam have to meet certain physical requirements to be eligible for IPS:

Minimum height of 165 cm for Men and 150 cm for Women (minimum height is relaxable to 160 and 145 cm for Men and Women respectively in the case of candidates belonging to ST and to races such as Gorkhas, Garhwalias, Assamese, Kumaonis, Nagaland Tribals etc.)

Min Chest girth fully expanded: 84 cm for Men and 79 cm for Women. Expansion of 5 cm for Men and Women.

Total amount of Myopia (including the cylinder) should not exceed minus 4.00 D and total amount of Hypermetropia (including the cylinder) should not exceed plus 4.00 D
Presence of Squint is a disqualification.

Better eye (corrected vision) Worse eye
Distant vision 6/6 or 6/9 6/12 or 6/9
Near vision J1 J2
Corrections permitted spectacles
Color vision requirements High grade
Binocular vision needed Yes

IPS Exam Question Paper

more detail in a pdf file atteched...........
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IPS Exam Question Paper.pdf (1.30 MB, 90 views)
8th December 2014, 08:22 AM
Unregistered

IPS exam eligibility

I want to give IPS exam so will you please let me know what eligibility for IPS exam and Tattoo on the body is allowed for exam?
8th December 2014, 08:59 AM
Super Moderator

Re: IPS exam eligibility

Here you are looking for know what eligibility for IPS exam and Tattoo on the body is allowed for exam, as you want here I am providing you.

IPS: Indian Police Service

The entrance examination for IPS is conducted by Government of India for the employment of dazzling and career leaning applicants for the different posts in Indian Civil Services.

Nationality:
Candidates must be citizen of Indian.

Age limit:

Minimum age 21 years
Maximum age 32 years

(In case of candidates belonging to SC/ ST category, the upper age limit is relaxable up to five years. In case of OBC candidates, the upper age limit is relaxable up to three years).

Educational qualification:

Applicants have a degree of any of the universities included by an Act of the Central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions founded by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a university under Section-3 of the UGC Act, 1956.

For IPS exam the Tattoo on the Body are not allowed

Number of attempts:

No. of Attempts

GEN: 4 times
OBCs: 7 times
SC/ST: No limit

IPS Syllabus 2015

IPS 2015 exam consist of total 9 papers which are based on different topics. These are as follows

Paper I: General Studies
Paper II: Language Exam
Paper III: General English
Paper IV: Essay
Paper V, VI, VII, VIII and IX: Optional Subjects

Give images:
11th December 2014, 09:39 AM
Unregistered

IPS Exam Eligibility

I want to apply for IPS exam so please tell me what is the age limit for it?
11th December 2014, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

Indian Police Service (IPS) is conducted by Government of India for the recruitment of candidates for the different posts in Indian Civil Services.

IPS Eligibility Criteria
Must have graduate degree in any discipline of any of the recognized Universities

Age Limit
Age should be between 21 to 30 years.

No. of Attempts
GEN: 4 times
OBCs: 7 times
SC/ST: No limit

IPS Syllabus
IPS exam consist of total 9 papers which are based on different topics. These are as follows

Paper I: General Studies
Paper II: Language Exam
Paper III: General English
Paper IV: Essay
Paper V, VI, VII, VIII and IX: Optional Subjects

IPS Exam Question Paper

Attached Files
File Type: pdf IPS Exam Question Paper.pdf (1.30 MB, 81 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in