2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

21st August 2014, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Infosys Verbal Placement Papers

This is the Infosys Verbal Placement Paper:

Directions (Questions 11-12): Each Question Given Below has a problem and two statements numbered I and II giving certain Information. You have to decide if the information given in the statements is sufficient for answering the problem. Indicate your answer as(i) if data in statement I alone are sufficient to answer the question;(ii) if data in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question;
(iii) if data either in I or II alone are sufficient to answer the question;
(iv) if the data even in both the statements together are not sufficient to answer the question;
(v) if the data in both the statements are needed.

11. Is Anil taller than Sachin?I. Dinesh is of the same height as Arun and Sachin.
II. Sachin is not shorter than Dinesh.
A. i B. iii C. ii D. v E. ivAns: A
Explanation: From statement I, we can conclude that Dinesh, Arun and Sachin are of same height. So, Arun is not taller than Sachin. So, only statement I is sufficient to answer the question.

12. In a certain code language, ‘13’ means ‘stop smoking’ and ‘59’ means ‘injurious habit’. What is the meaning of ‘9’ and ‘5’ respectively in that code?I. ‘157’ means ‘stop bad habit’
II. ‘839’ means ‘smoking is injurious’.
A. ii B. iii C. v D. iv E. i Ans: BExplanation: ‘59’ means ‘injurious habit’ and ‘157’ means ‘stop bad habit’. Hence common letter ‘5’ denotes ‘habit’. Hence ‘9’ is obviously ‘injurious’. So I alone can be sufficient. Also, ‘59’ is ‘injurious habit’ and ‘839’ is ‘smoking is injurious’ from which it can be implied that ‘9’ is ‘injurious’. Hence II alone can also be sufficient. Hence either I or II alone can be sufficient.

Directions (13- 15): In the following problem, there is one question and three statements I, II and III below the question. You have to decide whether the data given in the statements is sufficient to answer the question. Read all the statements carefully and find out the probable pair which can be sufficient to answer the question.

13. Five persons --- A, B, C, D and E are sitting in a row. Who is sitting in the middle?I. B is in between E and C.II. B is to the right of E.III. D is in between A and E.I and II together B. II and III together C. I and III togetherD. I, II and III together E. Data insufficient.Ans: D
Explanation:
From I, the order is E, B, C or C, B, E.
From II, the order is E, B.
From III, the order is A, D, E.
Combining all the three, we get the order as: A, D, E, B, C.
Clearly, E is sitting in the middle.
Hence all the three statements are required.

14. Four Subjects --- Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology were taught in four consecutive periods of one hour each starting from 8.00 a.m. At what time was the Chemistry period scheduled?I. Mathematics period ended at 10.00 am which was preceded by Biology.
II. Physics was scheduled in the last period.
III. Mathematics period was immediately followed by Chemistry.
Only I B. Only I or II C. Only II D. II and III together.E. I and II together or I and III together
Ans: E
Explanation: From I and II we conclude that Mathematics period began at9.00 a.m., Biology period began at 8.00 a.m. and Physics period began at 11.00 a.m. So, the Chemistry period began at 10.00 a.m.
From I and III, it is clearly seen that Mathematics period ended at 10.00 a.m. followed by Chemistry to start at 10.00 a.m.

15. How many sons does Sharma have? I. Saurav and Aditya are brothers of Sonali.II. Ayesha is sister of Sharmila and Aditya.
III. Ayesha and Sonali are daughters of Sharma.
A. I and II only. B. II and III together. C. I, II and III togetherD. I, II, III together are not sufficient E. I and III togetherAns: C
Explanation: From I, Saurav, Aditya and Sonali are siblings. From II, Ayesha, Sharmila and Aditya are siblings. It implies that Saurav, Aditya, Ayesha, Sharmila and Sonali are siblings. This is supported by III.

Tags
placement, placement papers

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in