2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Jobs

25th July 2018, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

Re: IIT Madras branch change rules

I want to know the Branch Change Rules in Indian Institute of Technology IIT Madras so will you tell me?
25th July 2018, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IIT Madras branch change rules

The Change of branch in IIT Madras will be considered only at the end of the first semester. The performance during the first semester will be the basis for consideration for change of branch

Branch Change Rules

All students who have successfully completed the first semester of the course, except Engineering Design Dual Degree students, will be eligible for consideration for change of branch

In making a change of branch, the strength of a class should not fall below the existing strength by more than ten percent

However, a minimum of one student will be eligible for consideration for change of branch from each discipline at the end of the first semester

If a student with a higher GPA is not offered a particular branch because of other constraints, this should not be offered to any other students with a lower GPA even if he/she is eligible on the basis of the existing norms

Change over from 4-year B.Tech programme to 5-year dual degree programme is permitted within the same Department during the sixth semester, provided a student meets the following criteria:

Should have a minimum of 8.0 CGPA from 2011 batch at the end of 5th semester

Should not have any backlog courses

Change of branch rules is subject to revision from time to time and the decision of the Senate will be final and binding.

Contact-

Indian Institute of Technology Madras
Sardar Patel Road, Opposite to C, L.R.I, Adyar, Indian Institute Of Technology, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600036
044 2257 8101

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in