2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

29th May 2018, 10:40 AM
Unregistered

Re: Branch Change in IIT Roorkee

I have taken admission at IIT Roorkee for B.Tech Civil Engineering Course. I have given exams of 2nd semester and waiting for its result. Now I am thinking to change engineering branch. I want to change it into Mechanical Engineering. So tell me how I can change Civil Engineering branch into Mechanical Branch for B.Tech Course of IIT Roorkee?
29th May 2018, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Branch Change in IIT Roorkee

The IIT Roorkee was established in 1847.

It is one of oldest Engineering Institutions in India.

The IIT Roorkee offers high level UG and PG Programs in many disciplines.

As you are looking for information about changing Civil Engineering Branch into Mechanical Engineering branch for B.Tech Course, so here are following rules to change branch:

Student admitted to a particular branch of the B.Tech. (Hons.) Course will normally continue studying in that branch till completion.

In special cases the Institute may permit a student, admitted through JEE, to change from one branch to another after the first two semesters.

Only those students will be eligible for consideration for a change of branch after the Second (Spring) Semester, who have:
Completed all the credits prescribed in the first two semesters

Students Obtained a CGPA not lower than 8.5, at the end of the Second (Spring) Semester

Students admitted to 4-Year B.Tech are eligible for consideration for a change ofbranch to any Engineering (4-Year or 5-Year Dual Degree) course

Branch changing will be made strictly on the basis of inter se merit of the applicants.

In making the change of branch, those applicants shall be first considered who have secured a rank within top 1% (one percent), rounded to the nearest integer.

IIT Roorkee B.Tech Changing Branch Rules:

Contacts
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
Roorkee - Haridwar Highway,
Roorkee, Uttarakhand 247667
Phone: 01332 285 311

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in