2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

1st May 2015, 08:30 AM
Unregistered

Anna University DSP Notes For CSE

I am pursuing the B.Tech Computer Science & Engineering in Anna University and I missed my class of digital signal processing due my brother marriage so can you please provide me the notes and the important topics of digital signal processing?
Similar Threads
Thread
Anna University PDF Notes
OB Anna University Notes
Anna University Notes For BME
SPM Anna University Notes
Anna University HRM Notes
DWM Anna University Notes
Anna University PQT Notes
EDC Anna University Notes
Anna university MBA Notes PDF
Anna University UID Notes
OS Anna University Notes
IT Notes Anna University
UID Anna University Notes
Anna University MBA Notes
Anna University EMF Notes
Notes For Anna University
Anna University SQM Notes
Anna University TQM Notes
PQT Anna University Notes
Anna University Notes for MCA
8th June 2018, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

Re: Anna University DSP Notes For CSE

I want the syllabus of Digital Signal Processing of B.Tech Computer Science & Engineering (CSE) of Anna University so can you provide me?
8th June 2018, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Anna University DSP Notes For CSE

I am providing you the syllabus of Digital Signal Processing of B.Tech Computer Science & Engineering (CSE) of Anna University

University B.Tech CSE Digital Signal Processing syllabus

OBJECTIVES:

To introduce discrete Fourier transform and its applications.
To teach the design of infinite and finite impulse response filters for filtering undesired signals.
To introduce signal processing concepts in systems having more than one sampling frequency.

UNIT I SIGNALS AND SYSTEMS

Basic elements of DSP concepts of frequency in Analog and Digital Signals sampling theorem Discrete time signals, systems Analysis of discrete time LTI systems Z transform Convolution Correlation.

UNIT II FREQUENCY TRANSFORMATIONS

Introduction to DFT Properties of DFT Circular Convolution - Filtering methods based on DFT FFT Algorithms - Decimation in time Algorithms, Decimation in frequency Algorithms Use of FFT in Linear Filtering DCT Use and Application of DCT.

UNIT III IIR FILTER DESIGN

Structures of IIR Analog filter design Discrete time IIR filter from analog filter IIR filter design by Impulse Invariance, Bilinear transformation, Approximation of derivatives (LPF, HPF, BPF, BRF) filter design using frequency translation.

UNIT IV FIR FILTER DESIGN

Structures of FIR Linear phase FIR filter Fourier Series - Filter design using windowing techniques (Rectangular Window, Hamming Window, Hanning Window), Frequency sampling techniques

UNIT V FINITE WORD LENGTH EFFECTS IN DIGITAL FILTERS

Binary fixed point and floating point number representations Comparison - Quantization noise truncation and rounding quantization noise power- input quantization error- coefficient quantization error limit cycle oscillations-dead band- Overflow error-signal scaling.

TOTAL (L:45+T:15): 60 PERIODS

OUTCOMES:
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:

Perform frequency transforms for the signals.
Design IIR and FIR filters.
Finite word length effects in digital filters

TEXT BOOK:

1. John G. Proakis and Dimitris G.Manolakis, Digital Signal Processing Principles, Algorithms & Applications, Fourth Edition, Pearson Education, Prentice Hall, 2007.

REFERENCES:

1. Emmanuel C.Ifeachor, and Barrie.W.Jervis, Digital Signal Processing, Second Edition, Pearson Education, Prentice Hall, 2002.
2. Sanjit K. Mitra, Digital Signal Processing A Computer Based Approach, Third Edition, Tata Mc Graw Hill, 2007.
3. A.V.Oppenheim, R.W. Schafer and J.R. Buck, Discrete-Time Signal Processing, 8th Indian Reprint, Pearson, 2004.
4. Andreas Antoniou, Digital Signal Processing, Tata McGraw Hill, 2006.

Contact-

Anna University
Kotturpuram
Chennai, Tamil Nadu

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in