2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

7th June 2017, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

WBUT CSE 2nd Year Syllabus

I have passed 2nd Semester (1st Year) of M.SC Computer Science Course of WBUT University recently. Now I am in 3rd Semester (2nd Year). I am looking for its syllabus. So tell me from where I can download syllabus of M.SC Computer Science 3rd Semester (2nd Year) Course of WBUT University?
Similar Threads
Thread
WBUT BBA Syllabus
WBUT CSE Syllabus 4th SEM
WBUT BCA 3rd SEM syllabus
WBUT Syllabus for ECE
WBUT Syllabus of 1st Year
WBUT B.Tech First Year 1st Semester Exam Syllabus
Wbut MBA syllabus pdf
WBUT HM Syllabus
Syllabus of MBA under WBUT
WBUT Ist Year Syllabus
WBUT Latest Syllabus
WBUT BMS Syllabus
WBUT MBA Syllabus
MBA WBUT Syllabus
WBUT CSE Syllabus
WBUT BCA 5th sem syllabus
WBUT IT syllabus 2nd year
WBUT New Syllabus
WBUT IT syllabus 1st SEM
WBUT BBA Syllabus 5th Sem
7th June 2017, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator

Re: WBUT CSE 2nd Year Syllabus

As you are searching for syllabus of M.Sc Computer Science 3rd Semester Course of WBUT University, so here I am providing complete syllabus:

WBUT M.Sc in Computer Science 3rd Semester (2nd Year) Syllabus

Theory:
MCS301 Operation Research
MCS302 Advanced Operating System
MCS303 Artificial Intelligence
MCSE301 Elective – 1
A/B/C

Practical:
MCS391 OR Lab
MCS392 OS Lab (Unix)
MCS393 Seminar
MCS394 Industrial Training

MCS301 Operation Research

Introduction to OR, Quantitative approach to management decision making, Analyzing and defining the problem, Developing a model, Selecting the inputs and putting the model to work, Typical applications of OR.

Linear Programming, Formulating maximization/minimization problems, Graphical
solution, simplex methods, Special cases of LP, Duality of LP and its interpretation, Dual simplex methods, Post Optimality/sensitivity analysis, Applications of LP.
Transportation and Assignment problems, VAM method, Checking for optimally using MODI method, Unbalanced problem and degeneracy, Hungarian method for
assignment problem, Traveling salesman problem.

Game theory - 2 Person zero sum games, Saddle point, Mixes strategies use of
dominance rules, Solution by graphical methods.
Waiting lines - Characteristics of a queuing system, Arrival and service patterns, Single and multiple channel, Queue models with Poisson arrival and exponential service times.

Simulation Modeling - Monte Carlo simulation, Using random numbers, Applications in inventory analysis, Waiting lines, Maintenance and finance areas.
Replacement models - Types of replacement problems, Replacement of assets that
deteriorate with time, Markov Analysis: Brand switching analysis, Prediction of market shares for future periods, Equilibrium conditions, Uses of Markov analysis.
PERT, CPM, Network Analysis, Critical Path, Determination of Float

MCS302 Advanced Operating System

OS services and components, multitasking, multiprogramming, time sharing, buffering, spooling.

Process & thread management, context switching, multithreading Concurrency control, mutual exclusion requirements, semaphores, monitors, Dead locks - detection, recovery, avoidance and prevention Memory management, partitioning, swapping, paging, segmentation, virtual memory, Demand paging, page replacement and allocation algorithm I/O Systems, interrupt handlers, device drivers, and device independent I/O software Secondary-storage structure, file system management
Protection & security, Implementation of access matrix, Encryption Case studies on Linux & Windows 2000.

Introduction to Distributed Systems, Architectures of Distributed Systems, communication networks, Mutual Exclusion in Distributed Systems, RMI, concept of
Replication, Distributed File Systems (NFS, AFS, coda) overview, security in Distributed Systems Multiprocessor operating systems, basic multiprocessor system architectures, overview on Database Operating systems.

Real Time Operating System and Overview on Embedded System

To get complete syllabus, download the file........................

Last edited by Rajkumar Agarwal; 7th June 2017 at 02:28 PM.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in