2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

10th December 2014, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator

Re: WBUT B.Tech First Year 1st Semester Exam Syllabus

West Bengal University of Technology is affiliated to UGC .

Here I am providing the syllabus of English of WBUT B.Tech First Year 1st Semester Exam
English language &technical
Communication
Chemistry -1 (Gr-B)
Physics – 1 (Gr-A)
Mathematics-1
Basic Electrical &
Electronic Engineering
(GrA+GrB)
Engg. Mechanics

PRACTICAL
Chemistry -1 (Gr-B)/
Physics – 1 (Gr-A)
Basic Electrical &
Electronic Engineering -1
Engg Drawing &
Computer Graphics (Gr-B)
/ Workshop Practice (Gr-A)

Language Laboratory
Extra Curricular
Activities(NSS/NCC/NSO
etc)
WBUT B.Tech First Year 1st Semester Exam

West Bengal University of Technology
BF 142, sector 1,Salt Lake City, Kolkata, West Bengal 700064 ‎
033 2321 1327

Map:
[MAP]https://maps.google.co.in/maps?q=wbut+&hl=en&ll=22.59753,88.417518&spn=0.010 321,0.020363&client=opera&t=m&z=16&iwloc=A [/MAP]
For detailed information , here is the attachment................
Attached Files
File Type: pdf WBUT B.Tech First Year 1st Semester Exam.pdf (421.3 KB, 873 views)
31st March 2015, 02:51 PM
Unregistered

I want to get B. Tech First Year 1st Semester Exam Syllabus of West Bengal University of Technology so will you please provide me that ?
31st March 2015, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator

As you want to get B. Tech First Year 1st Semester Exam Syllabus of West Bengal University of Technology so here I am giving you same:

Module 1: Classical Mechanics
1.1 Newtonian Mechanics – Newton’s laws of motion-system of particles (2 body problem) conservation of
linear and angular momentum (1D and 2D elastic and in-elastic collision) and related problems
4L
1.2 Lagrangian formulation- difficulties to handle coupled equations, Constraints (both time dependent and
time independent), Degrees of freedom, Generalised co-ordinates, Generalized force, potential and kinetic
energy, Lagrange’s equation of motion and Lagrangian, Ignorable co-ordinates, Hamilton’s equation and
Hamiltonian. The course should be discussed along with physical problems of 1-D motion).
6L
Module 2: Vibration and Wave :-
Simple harmonic motion - its expression and differential equation and solution , Superposition of two linear
SHMs (with same frequency), Lissajous’ figures.
Damped vibration – differential equation and its solution, Critical damping, Logarithmic decrement,
Analogy with electric circuits.
Forced vibration – differential equation and solution, Amplitude and Velocity resonance, Sharpness of
resonance and Quality factor.
Progressive wave equation and its differential form, Difference between elastic (mechanical) and
electromagnetic waves.
8L
Module 3: Electricity and Magnetism
3.1 Examples of vector and scalar field, grad, div, curl, Line integral, surface integral, volume integral- physical examples in the context of electricity and magnetism, Stokes theorem and Gauss theorem [No
Proof], Expression of grad, div, curl and Laplacian in Spherical and Cylindrical co-ordinates.
6L
3.2 Coulombs law, Gauss’s law in integral form and conversion to differential form and application,
Coulomb’s theorem, Electrostatic potential and field, Poisson’s Eqn and Laplace’s eqn (Application to
Cartesian, Spherically and Cylindrically symmetric systems – effective 1D problems) Electric current, drift
velocity, current density, continuity equation, steady current, conservation of charge, ampere, esu.
.7L
3.3 Lorentz force, force on a small current element placed in a magnetic field , ,, Biot-Savart law and its
simple applications, divergence of magnetic field, vector

For full syllabus here is the attachment:

Attached Files
File Type: pdf WBUT B. Tech First Year 1st Semester Exam Syllabus.pdf (442.9 KB, 918 views)
30th July 2017, 09:54 AM
am8751930@gmail.com

I want to know the topics in mathematics 1 for btech 1st year
27th August 2019, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

Hi buddy here I am looking for West Bengal University of Technology (WBUT), B.Tech First Year 1st Semester Exam Syllabus , so will you plz let me know from where I can collect its syllabus , if you have then would you plz provide me same here ??
27th August 2019, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator

Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal (MAKAUT, WB ), also known as West Bengal University of Technology (WBUT), is a state university located in Kolkata, India.

As you are asking for West Bengal University of Technology (WBUT), B.Tech First Year 1st Semester Exam Syllabus, so on your demand I am providing same here :

Basic Science
Chemistry-1(Gr-A/Gr-B)
Code: CH101
Contacts: 3L + 1T = 4
Credits: 4
Module 1
Chemical Thermodynamics -I
Concept of Thermodynamic system: Definition with example of diathermal wall, adiabatic wall, isolated
system, closed system, open system, extensive property, intensive property.
Introduction to first law of thermodynamics: different statements, mathematical form.
Internal energy: Definition, Example, Characteristics, Physical significance, Mathematical expression for
change in internal Energy, Expression for change in internal energy for ideal gas.
Enthalpy: Definition, Characteristics, Physical significance, Mathematical expression for change in
Enthalpy, Expression for change in enthalpy for ideal gas. 3L
Heat Capacity: Definition, Classification of Heat Capacity (Cp and CV): Definition and General expression
of Cp - CV. Expression of Cp - CV for ideal gas.
Reversible and Irreversible processes: Definition, Work done in Isothermal Reversible and Isothermal
Irreversible process for Ideal gas,
Adiabatic changes: Work done in adiabatic process, Interrelation between thermodynamic parameters (P, V
and T), slope of P-V curve in adiabatic and isothermal process.
Application of first law of thermodynamics to chemical processes: exothermic, endothermic processes,
law of Lavoisier and Laplace, Hesss law of constant heat summation, Kirchoffs law. 3L
nd law of thermodynamics: Statement, Mathematical form of 2nd law of thermodynamics (Carnot cycle).
Joule Thomson and throttling processes; Joule Thomson coefficient for Ideal gas, Concept of inversion
temperature.
Evaluation of entropy: characteristics and expression, entropy change in irreversible cyclic process, entropy
change for irreversible isothermal expansion of an ideal gas, entropy change of a mixture of gases.

West Bengal University of Technology (WBUT), B.Tech First Year 1st Semester Exam Syllabus

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in