2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

17th July 2014, 10:19 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Tips for Job Interview Preparation

Here I am giving you some tips to prepare for Job Interview

- Do your homework properly, I mean to say do some research like their last year's profits and latest product launches

- You should prepare your answers to some of the most common interview
questions like about your personal strengths and weaknesses and many more

- Present yourself in best way

-Make sure your clothes fit correctly and that your accessories are subtle.
-Remember to speak clearly and smile

-Never talk negatively about previous work experiences

-Use statements that are comfortable for you

-Visit the company's site and search for articles and press releases written about or by the organization.

-Always close the interview by expressing thanks and appreciation for their time.
14th December 2015, 08:41 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir I want to prepare for Job Interview so here for preparation can you please give me some tips ?
14th December 2015, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

Hey as per my idea basic tip for giving Job Interview is to be confident and express your answer in a very simple and attractive way

Before the interview

Interviews require much research and planning. Generally, you should do the following when preparing for interview.

anticipate potential questions and prepare answers accordingly;

consider how you'll explain problematic aspects of your CV, such as leaving an employer;

contact your references, alerting them that you'll be interviewing and that they may receive a call;

fully understand the role that you're applying for by revisiting the job description, identifying what skills, interests and experiences the employer is looking for;

prepare questions to ask the interviewer;

read the organisation's website, social media profiles and key literature (e.g. business plan, financial reports and corporate social responsibility strategy), ensuring that you're prepared to share your views and ideas;

research the news, trends, competitors, history and opportunities of the organisation and its job sector;

review your CV and application form

How to make a good impression

Generally, you should:

answer questions clearly and concisely;

ask relevant, thought-provoking questions at appropriate moments, as this can show that you're genuinely interested in the role and really listening to the interviewer;

avoid talking about any personal problems;

be as enthusiastic as possible;

be well-mannered with any staff that you meet before the interview;

display positive body language, speaking clearly, smiling frequently and retaining eye-contact;

don't badmouth any previous employers;

give a firm handshake to your interviewer(s) before and after;

highlight your best attributes, experiences and achievements, based around the skills that you've identified as important to the organisation, and evidencing them with practical examples;

inform your interviewer(s) that you're available to answer any follow-up questions;

let your personality shine;

relax and sit naturally, but without slouching in your chair or leaning on the desk;

show your hands, as this is a sign of honesty;

wear smart business attire with comfortable, polished shoes.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in