2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

16th December 2014, 08:48 AM
Super Moderator

Re: TCS interview preparation tips

First of all congratulation for your selection and don’t be nervous as you have selected now you need to keep following things in your mind wnen you will go for interview
:

Re-read your resume.
Prepare questions to ask and to be asked
Work out clothes to wear
Rehearse interview
Anticipate the obvious questions during the interview
Work out a strategy for dealing with stress
Read vacancy details, employer's literature - what they are and what they want
Know where the interview will take place
Arrive in good time
Make a good entrance
Body language - handshake, posture, eye contact
Keep Smile on your face
Be yourself
Be honest
Be prepared to talk - but not too much
Don't be afraid to ask for clarification
Illustrate your answers with examples
Be ready to sell yourself
Be interesting
Know when the interview is over - read employer's body language
Thank him/her for his/her time
Learn from the experience - ask for feedback if necessary

Here for your reference I am providing some interview question with answer:

TCS HR Interview Tips With Common Interview Questions

1. Introduce Yourself ?
Start with the present and tell why you are well qualified for the position. Remember that the key to all successful interviewing is to match your qualifications to what the interviewer is
looking for. In other words you must sell what the buyer is buying. This is the single most important strategy in job hunting.

Suggestion: your answer to this question should cover your educational background very briefly. You should talk about your achievements, if any, either in your academic or in work or both.
Then you can add a few details about what type of person you are, your likes, dislikes, etc. Giving details about your family background is not compulsory. Before interview frame a good answer and practice in front of a mirror.

2. Why should I take you in TCS?
Whether your interviewer asks you this question explicitly or not, this is the most important question of your interview because he must answer this question favorably in is own mind
before you will be hired. So help him out! Walk through each of the position’s requirements as you understand them, and follow each with a reason why you meet that requirement so well.

3. Who inspired you to become an Engineer?
Make pre preparation for such questions. Have a few heroes /Leaders of the industry in mind , who have achieved something extraordinary in their life.
Know about their life history and mention one such name with his achievements. Cite some of his quotes or values possessed by such a personality that according to
him has been the cause of his extraordinary success. Mention such qualities /Values that will be highly valuable in your success in the position you are being interviewed.

What is your weakness?

Do NOT mention key weaknesses here. This is not the place to say you are bad at meeting deadlines or you never mastered highschool mathematics etc. Turn this question around to your benefit. For example, you are 'over ambitious' or 'extremely attentive to detail' or 'like to take on too many projects'. Make it sound positive.

Extra co-curricular activities?

Explain work you have done apart from your studies.

Are you a team player?
You are, of course, a team player. Be sure to have examples ready. Specifics that show you often perform for the good of the team rather than for yourself are good evidence of your team attitude. Do not brag, just say it in a matter-of-fact tone. This is a key point.

Why should we hire you?
Again, explain that you are very interested in the job and demonstrate what it is about your past experiences, education and qualifications that makes you ideal for the job. Show enthusiasm and support your answers with evidence wherever you can. Elaborate on all the past experiences and skill sets that make you suitable for the job. In cases where your past experience is not directly relevant, you can still find elements of it that can be useful. Play up team skills, computer skills, leadership roles, specific courses and independent research activities that can be useful to the job at hand to show your initiative even where you don't have directly relevant job experience.

Tell me about your dream job?
Be honest. Also mention keywords such as challenging, steep learning curve, good work culture, demanding, rewarding, opportunities for advancement and growth, team environment, opportunity to build and maintain client relationships etc.

What is more important to you: the money or the work?
This one will reveal the real you. Money is always important, but the work is the most important. There is no better answer.

Are you willing to work overtime? Nights? Weekends?
This is up to you. Be totally honest.

Would you be willing to relocate if required?
You should be clear on this with your family prior to the interview if you think there is a chance it may come up. Do not say yes just to get the job if the real answer is no. This can create a lot of problems later on in your career. Be honest at this point and save yourself future grief.

Tell me about the recent trends in IT industry?
Be prepared with two or three trends that illustrate how well you understand your industry. You might consider technological challenges or opportunities, economic conditions, or even regulatory demands as you collect your thoughts about the direction in which your business is heading.

If you are rejected today, then what will you do?

Well this question does not mean that they are rejecting you. So don’t get dishearten. This is more like a ‘stress question’ to judge how you react during a stress situation. This could also be because they want to know your other plans like if you have also applied for other companies or if you are very adamant about joining TCS. Either ways it does not mean that they are going to reject you. And make sure your answer is positive.

Where you’re native place is and for what it is famous?

You obviously know your native place right? But its better you also learn few things about the place as well. This is something about you, and you will be expected to know these little details.

Who is the founder of Google?
Mr. Larry Page and Mr. Sergey Brin? Well yes. But, did you really knew this? No?

Who are the competitors of TCS in the world market as well as in Indian market?

A little study about the current market should certainly help. A good homework will reflect in your answer and that will really be impressive. This will show the interviewer that you are concerned about this interview and job.
Infosys, Wipro, HCL Tech, Oracle Financ,Mahindra Satyam, Tech Mahindra, Mphasis, Patni Computer
How you rank yourself compared with your friends?

Who is the founder of TCS?
Jamsetji Nusserwanji Tata established TATA Group in 1869. However it was under Mr. Jehangir Ratanji Dadabhoy Tata (JRD Tata), that this group was expanded and hence TCS was established in 1968. Currenty Mr. Ratan Tata is the Chairman of the group.

Who is the present CEO?

Mr. Natarajan Chandrasekaran is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Managing Director of the company. If you did not know this basic fact about TCS, then you have not done your homework well. Be ready for such questions.

What is the name of the award TCS recently received?

Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), has won six awards for outstanding HR leadership at Asia's Best Employer Brand Awards 2010, in Singapore.

Award for Talent Management
Award for Excellence in HR through Technology
Award for Continuous Innovation in HR Strategy at Work
Award for Innovation in Recruitment
Award for Innovative Retention Strategy
Award for Excellence in Training

What is your aim?
Be honest at this part, because all that the interviewer wants to know is whether your aim and goal match with the company’s objective or not.

Wat r u r skills? Do u hav any certifications on u r skills?
Yes? Well good, however be ready with your certificates to show them (if asked). And if your answer is a No, then be ready to answer ‘why no’!

4. There's a bond of 2 years ....... u' re ok with it?

5. You'll be sent to any part of the country for work...... will you be ok with that?

First find out where you may have to relocate and how much travel may be involved. Then respond to the question.

6. Have you discussed about your job with your family?
This is up to you. Be totally honest

7. Why you want to join TCS? or Why do you want to join TCS and not any other company?
Try to speak something about good work environment & growth.

Example : I heard from my friends that TCS has a very good work environment where employees get good respect. Moreover, TCS is one of the Top IT company in India and abroad. I want to be part of Asia's largest Software Company where I can also grow along with the company. For these reasons, I prefer TCS.
Caution: Never tell the reasons such as ONSITE or SALARY. That gives a negative impression on you.

8. What do you know about TCS as a company?
Best sources for researching your target company: annual reports, the corporate newsletter, contacts you know at the company or its suppliers, advertisements, articles about the company in the trade press.

Tata Consultancy Services Limited (TCS) is an Indian multinational IT services, business solutions and outsourcing company headquartered in Mumbai- India and a subsidiary of the Tata Group conglomerate. It is the largest Asia based provider of business process outsourcing services. TCS has been ranked #20 in the list of top companies of India, by Fortune India 500 magazine. It is the largest IT service company in India by revenue and market capitalization.

TCS has 142 offices across over 42 countries and generates around 30 per cent of India's IT exports. The company became the first Indian IT company to cross the ten billion dollar milestone posting annual revenues of $10.17 billion.

9.Do you have any questions for me?
Job hunters need to know whether a potential position is a good fit for them professionally and culturally. To do that, they need to find out all they can about a potential employer's company or department. To help you in this endeavor, here are the questions you should ask during initial job interviews .By taking this list with you to that next job interview , you'll be able to ask the right question to help you determine whether the company will be a good fit for your talents and expectations.
Why is this position open?
can you explain a typical day in this role?
what is the company policies regarding training ?
would the job description assigned to me be based on my interest area?
could you describe the work culture (do people work time , overtime, etc...)
what are the personal growth opportunities (such as leadership training , company supported community work , mentoring, and so on)?
what is the training budget?
how many employee do you have?
2nd March 2015, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

I have short listed for the TCS interview. Will you give me some tips to crack the interview? Please help me TCS is my dream job and I deadly want to join TCS?
2nd March 2015, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator

Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) hires professional through technical and HR interview. Here, I am giving you some tips which can help you in your preparations.

Try to prepare in front of mirror
Prepare question which are generally asked like tell me something about yourself, tell me about your strength, tell me about your achievement like that
Prepare by mock interview with your friends or family members
Never loose your eye contact when you are giving you interview
Be confident
Say no when don’t know about the question, don’t try to manipulate your interview
Do not write false things in your resume
Prepare things which you have written in your resume

Here, I am giving you some questions which are generally ask in TCS interview.

Introduce Yourself ?
Why should I take you in TCS?
Who inspired you to become an Engineer?
What is your weakness?
Extra co-curricular activities?
Why should we hire you?
Are you a team player?
Tell me about your dream job?
What is more important to you: the money or the work?
Are you willing to work overtime? Nights? Weekends?
Would you be willing to relocate if required?
If you are rejected today, then what will you do?
Who is the founder of Google?
Who is the founder of TCS?
Who is the present CEO?
What is the name of the award TCS recently received?
What is your aim?
Wat r u r skills? Do u hav any certifications on u r skills?
There's a bond of 2 years ....... u' re ok with it?
You'll be sent to any part of the country for work...... will you be ok with that?
Have you discussed about your job with your family?
Why you want to join TCS? or Why do you want to join TCS and not any other company?
What do you know about TCS as a company?
Do you have any questions for me?
In header files whether functions are declared or defined?
What are the different storage classes in C ?
What does static variable mean?
How do you print an address ?

What are macros? what are its advantages and disadvantages?
Difference between pass by reference and pass by value?
What is an object?
What is a class?
What is the difference between class and structure?
What is pointer?
What is the difference between null and void pointer?
what is function overloading
What is function overloading and operator overloading?
what is friend function?
What do you mean by inline function?
Tell me something about abstract classes?
What is the difference between realloc() and free()?
What are the differences between structures and arrays?

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in