2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

21st October 2014, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Procedure To Become Income Tax Officer

Candidates who are interested to become an
Income Tax Officer , have to go through Recruitment procedure which is done by Income Tax Department, Government of India

Income Tax Department invites the application for the Recruitment where you can apply .

For your idea , here I am providing the recent notification of the Income Tax Department.

Income Tax Department, Tamil Nadu & Puducherry has issued notification for recruitment for various posts against Sports Quota

Vacancy Details:
Total No. of Posts:25
Name of the Posts:
1. Inspector of Income-Tax: 02 Posts
2. Tax Assistant: 20 Posts
3. Multi Tasking Staff: 03 Posts

Eligibility:
Candidates should possess Degree from a recognized university or its equivalent for Post No.1 &2 and pass in Matriculation or its equivalent for Post No.3.

Selection Process:
Performance in trails
Interview

Important Dates:
Last Date for Submission of Applications: 24-02-2014
Last Date for Submission of Applications from the Far Flung Areas: 03-03-2014

6th November 2014, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to become Income Tax Officer

I want to become Income Tax Officer so please give me detailed procedure to become an Income Tax Officer?
7th November 2014, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Procedure to become Income Tax Officer

First you have to become Income Tax Inspector or Tax Assistant and then after promotion you can become Income Tax Officer. You have to fight Combined Graduate Level examination for entry in Income Tax Department and have to go through personal interview.

Educational requirements: Graduation in any discipline from any University/College approved by University Grants Commission (UGC).

Age requirements: Maximum age limit 27 years while minimum age limit is 18 years.

Age relaxation: 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

Exam Pattern:

1) Written Examination 1:
General Intelligence + Reasoning
General Awareness
Numerical Aptitude
English Comprehension

2) Written Examination 2:
Arithmetical Abilities
English Language and Comprehension

3) Interview

4) Skill Test
11th November 2014, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to Become Income Tax Officer

I want to become a Income Tax Officer, for that I want to do Income Tax Officer course, can you please provide me information about it ?
12th November 2014, 09:36 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Procedure to Become Income Tax Officer

There is not any course of income tax officer; Income Tax Department conducts the examination for the Income Tax officer’s posts.

So for appearing this exam firstly you will have to fill application form of this exam along with important documents, and then you will have to give 2 exams 1st preliminary exam and 2nd main exam.

Preliminary exam consists two paper:
General Intelligence and General Awareness (Part A)
Arithmetic (Part B)

Main exam consists 5 papers:
General Studies
English
Arithmetic
Language
Communication Skill and writing

After completing these stages you will have to give one personality test after passing that exam you can become a income tax officer.
9th December 2014, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to Become Income Tax Officer

Will you please provide the information regarding Procedure to become Income Tax Officer?
9th December 2014, 04:54 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Procedure to Become Income Tax Officer

To become an Income Tax Officer, applicants must enter the Income Tax Department as Income Tax Inspector or Tax Assistant.

After that applicants can get promotion to the designation of Income Tax Officer after qualifying the departmental examination.

Applicants are required to qualify Combined Graduate Level examination. After that, personal interview is there for Income Tax Inspector post and Skill test is there for Tax Assistant post.

Eligibility
Applicants should complete their graduation (any discipline) from any University/College approved by University Grants Commission (UGC).

Maximum age limit specified to apply for the written examination is 27 years while minimum age limit is 18 years.
Upper age relaxation of 3 years will be given for OBC Applicants while 5 years will be given for SC/ST Applicants

Exam Pattern

Two separate sections are there in the written examination that is Tier I and Tier II.
Applicants who get qualified in Tier I can appear for Tier –II examination.
Duration specified to complete Tier I is 2 hours while for Tier II is 4 hours.
Subjects included in Tier I are
General Awareness
General Intelligence + Reasoning
Numerical Aptitude
English Comprehension

A total of 200 marks is specified for this section which is divided equally among these subjects.

Tier II includes the following subjects with 200 marks each.
English Language and Comprehension
Arithmetical Abilities

Total 100 questions will be there for Arithmetical Abilities while English Language and Comprehension include total 200 questions.

Applicants can score 1 mark for each right answer while they will lose 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.

Final Selection
Interview -

Skill Test –
Applicants can qualify this test only if they possess a data entry speed of 2000 words per 15 minutes.
16th December 2014, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to become Income Tax Officer

I have completed 12th Class and now want to become Income Tax Officer so please give me all details including procedure?
17th December 2014, 08:21 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Procedure to become Income Tax Officer

Income Tax Officer deals with the income tax related matters of the Central Board of Direct Taxes acronym as CBDT, a department of central government in India.

It is the responsibility of the ITO’s to hunt for those defaulters and bring them to the notice of the department so that they can be compelled to pay their tax according to their real income.

To become an Income Tax Officer in India the aspiring candidates have to undergo following steps:
Written exams
Oral exams

Exams are conducted by Staff Selection Commission so that only the competent among the aspirants could be selected.

Eligibility to be an Income Tax Officer:

Educational Qualification:
Candidate should hold a Bachelor's degree of any stream.

The candidate must have attained the age of 18 years on 1st July of the year of examination and must not have attained 27 years of age on that date.

Age Relaxation:
The upper age limit will be relaxed by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

The upper age limit is also relaxed in favor of certain categories of employees working under the Government of India and Defense Services Personnel.

Procedure to become an Income Tax Officer:

Step 1:
Aspirant has to fill the “Application Form” along with required information from the employment newspaper generally published in the month of April and sent the filled Application form to the regional centers as mentioned.

Step 2:
Preliminary Examination:
In the month of May or June the aspirants have to take the “Preliminary Exam” consisting of two papers.

1. General Intelligence and General Awareness (Part A)
No. Of Question: 100
Marks: 100
Time: 2 Hrs

2. Arithmetic (Part B)
No. Of Question: 100
Marks: 100
Time: 2 Hr

Step 3:
Main Examination
Those candidates who are declared qualified in the “Preliminary Exam” are supposed to take the final exam.

Final examination will consist of two parts:

Part A will be of written examination

1. General Studies
200 Marks
Duration: 3Hr.

2. English
100 Marks
Duration: 2Hr. 20 Min.

3. Arithmetic
200 Marks
Duration: 4Hr.

4. Language
100Marks
Duration: 2Hr. 20 Min

5. Communication Skill and writing
200 Marks
Duration: 2 Hr. 20 Min

Part B will be of Personality Test

Step 4:
Personality Test
Aspirants are grilled in the interview to test their personality and mental ability. Then the final list of the successful candidates is prepared

Tags
ssc cgl

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in