2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

19th March 2015, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

Re: Procedure to become Income Tax Officer

Hello sir I am chinamay. I want to be an income tax officer. So plz give me the necessary details about this post. Its my always one and only aim so plz give me guidance about how to achieve it..?
19th March 2015, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Procedure to become Income Tax Officer

Income Tax Officer as the name itself indicates is an officer who deals with the income tax related matters of the Central Board of Direct Taxes acronym as CBDT, a department of central government in India.

Eligibility

1. Educational Qualification

To be eligible for becoming an Income Tax Officer one should hold a Bachelor's degree of any stream.

2. Age

The candidate must have attained the age of 18 years on 1st July of the year of examination and must not have attained 27 years of age on that date.

The upper age limit will be relaxed by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

Here I am giving some steps which show how one can become Income Tax Officer

Step 1: Fill the “Application Form”

Note: The notification for the examination and the starting date of online application with relevant details regarding rules and syllabus usually published in the month of April in the 'Employment News' / 'Rozgar Samachar' , 'Gazette of India', and in some leading Newspapers of the country.

Step 2

Preliminary Examination

In the month of May or June the candidates have to take the “Preliminary Exam” consisting of two papers. Their paper pattern is given below

Subject No. of q Marks time
General Intelligence and General Awareness (Part A) 100 100 2 HRS
Arithmetic (Part B) 100 100 2 HRS

Step 3

Main Examination

Those candidates who are qualified in the “Preliminary Exam” are supposed to take the final exam.

Final examination consists of two part.

Part A will be of written examination and second Part B will be of Personality Test.

Part A subjects

Subject Max. Marks Duration
General Studies 200 Marks 3Hr.
English 100 Marks 2Hr. 20 Min.
Arithmetic 200 Marks 4Hr.
Language 100Marks 2Hr. 20 Min
Communication Skill and writing 200 Marks 2 Hr. 20 Min

Step 4
Once you are through the final stage is the interview. The aspirants are grilled in the interview to test their personality and mental ability. Clear this and your ways are all open for ITO.

Tags
ssc cgl

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in