2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

31st July 2014, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator

Re: PhD Programme Eligibility Criteria

Detailed information about the eligibility criteria required to take admission in PhD Programme is given below.
:
Admission requirement:
1. For admission into the PhD minimum CGPA 3.0 (out of 4.0 in the Semester System) or First Division (in the Annual System) in M.Phil/M.S/Equivalent degree is required.

Subject Test:
2. A subject test conducted by the National Testing Service (NTS) or ETS, USA in the area of specialization chosen at the PhD level must be cleared prior to admission for the PhD Program.

a. In the case of GAT Subject test a minimum of 60% marks is required to pass the test.

b. In the case GRE subject test, the minimum score will be acceptable as follows:

i. 45% Percentile Score: Valid for Admissions until December 31, 2010

ii. 50% Percentile Score: Valid for Admissions until December 31, 2011.

iii. 60% Percentile Score: Valid for Admissions thereafter.

c. If the Test is not available in NTS subject list, then a University Committee consisting of at least 3 PhD faculty members in the subject area and approved by the HEC will conduct the Test at par with GRE Subject Test and qualifying score for this will be 70% score.

d. Students admitted in PhD Programs after August 25, 2010 have to submit the requisite GAT Subject or GRE Subject within period of one year that is by October 31, 2011.

Course Work:
3. Course work of 18 credit hours preferably in the first year is required to be completed and followed by a comprehensive examination for granting candidacy as PhD researcher.

Foreign Expert Evaluation:
4. The Ph.D. Dissertation must be evaluated by at least two Ph.D. experts from technologically/academically advanced foreign countries in addition to local Committee members.
Open Defense:
5. An open defense of Dissertation is essential part of PhD Program after positive evaluation.
Research Paper:
6. Acceptance/publication of at least one research paper based on the PhD research in an HEC approved “X” category journal is a requirement for the award of Ph.D. degree (“Y” in case of Social Sciences only).

Plagiarism Test:
7. The Plagiarism Test must be conducted on the Dissertation before its submission to the two foreign experts, as described below.

Copy of PhD Dissertation to HEC:
8. A copy of Ph.D. Dissertation (both hard and soft) must be submitted to HEC for record in Ph.D. Country Directory and for attestation of the PhD degree by the HEC in future.

Conduct of PhD Program:
9. There should be at least 3 relevant full time Ph.D. Faculty members in a department to launch the Ph.D. program.

10. The maximum number of Ph.D. candidates under the supervision of a full time faculty member is five which may be increased to eight under special circumstances in certain teaching departments subject to prior approval of the Higher Education Commission (HEC).

Few PhD entrance exams in India is given below:
University of Hyderabad Ph. D Entrance Examination
Symbiosis Ph. D Entrance Examination
Ph. D Examination of Mohan Lal Sukhadia University of Udaipur
Ph. D Entrance Examination of N. M. I. M. S. (Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies) University of Mumbai
P. T. U. (Punjab Technical University) Ph. D Entrance Examination
Osmania University Ph. D Entrance Examination
National Brain Research Centre, Ph. D Entrance Examination
N. I. P. E. R. (National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research) Ph. D Entrance Examination
N. D. R. I. (National Dairy Research Institute) Ph. D Entrance Examination
Kurukshetra University Ph. D Entrance Examination
Kerala University Ph. D Entrance Examination
J. N. U. (Jawaharlal Nehru University) Ph. D Entrance Examination
Indian Agricultural Research Institute Ph. D Entrance Examination
I. I. Sc. (Indian Institute of Science) Ph. D Entrance Examination
I. C. T. (Institute of Chemical Technology) Mumbai Ph. D Entrance Examination
G. T. U. (Gujarat Technological University) Ph. D Entrance Examination
C. D. L. U. (Chaudhary Devi Lal University) Sirsa Ph. D Entrance Examination
B. R. Ambedkar Open University Ph. D Entrance Examination
B. I. T. S. (Birla institute of Technology and Science) Pilani Ph. D Entrance Examination
Asia University Madurai Ph. D Admission Test
Annamalai University Ph. D Admission Test
Anna University Center for Research Ph. D Entrance Test
Alagappa University Ph. D Entrance Examination
A. I. M. A. (All India Management Association) Ph. D Entrance Examination
A. I. I. M. S. (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) Ph. D Entrance Examination

Top Ph. D Institutions in India
Amity University
Anna University
Annamalai University
Banaras Hindu University or B. H. U.
Jamia Millia Islamia University or J. M. I. U.
Punjab University or P. U., Chandigarh
University of Calcutta or C. U.
University of Delhi or D. U.
University of Mumbai or M. U.
University of Pune

Tags
admission hyderabad

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in