2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

28th October 2014, 04:10 PM
Super Moderator

Re: PCS J entrance exam syllabus

Here you are looking for PCS J entrance exam syllabus, as you want here I am provide you.

PCS J entrance exam is conducted for Civil Judge (Junior Division) in Uttar Pradesh.

Syllabus

UP PCS (J) ,Uttar Pradesh Civil Judge (Junior Division) Examination

(A) Preliminary written Entrance (Screening) Examination: The preliminary written entrance examination paper will be divided into two parts. Part-I will contain 50 marks and Part-II will contain 150 marks. There will be objective type test on the following subjects:

Part-I :- General KnowledgeIt will include day to day happenings around India and the World, particularly in the legal spheres. The questions may relate mainly to international law, neutrality, recent legislation pronouncement particularly Indian Constitution, law and development and legal aspects but it will not be confined to this only

Part-II :- It will cover the following Acts and Laws –Transfer of Properties ActPrinciple of Hindu Laws Principle of Muslim LawsEvidence ActCode of Criminal ProcedureIndian Penal CodeCivil Procedure Code

(B) Main written Examination and Viva-voce Examination (Interview): The examination will include the following subjects:The Present Day (150 marks) Language (100 marks) Law:

Paper I - Substantive Law (200 marks) Law:

Paper II - Evidence & Procedure (200 marks) Law:

Paper III - Revenue & Criminal (200 marks) Viva-Voce (100 marks)

(1) The Present Day - This paper is designed to test the candidate’s knowledge of the reactions to what is happening in India and the world generally at the present day, particularly in the legal sphere and also his power of expression in English. Questions, the answers to which should be in essay form will relate mainly to jurisprudence, international law, neutrality, recent legislation, particularly- Indian constitutional law and developments, especially on their legal aspect and so on but will not be confined to them. Credit will be given both for substance and expression; conversely deduction will be made for bad expression, including faults of grammar, misuse of words etc.

(2) Language - A passage in English will be set and the candidate will be required to translate it into the ordinary language spoken in the courts, using the Devnagri Script (30 marks). Likewise a passage of Hindi will be required to be translated in ordinary English language (30 marks) . There will be English Précis writing also (40 marks).

(3) Law:

Paper I-Substantive Law - The questions set will be restricted to the field covered by-The law of contractsThe law of partnershipThe law concerning casements and tortsThe law relating to transfer of property; including the principles of equity specially applicable theretoThe principles of equity, with special reference to the Law of Trust and specific relief.Hindu LawMohammedan Law(

Paper II - Evidence and Procedure - The field will be that covered by-The Law of EvidenceThe Criminal Procedure Code Code of Civil Procedure, including the principles of pleading. The questions set will relate mainly to practical matters; such as the framing of charges and issues the methods of dealing with the evidence of witness, the writing of judgment and the conduct of cases generally but will not be restricted to them.

Paper III- Revenue & Criminal -U.P. Zamindari Abolition and Land Reforms Act (as applicable in Uttarakhand) Indian Penal Code.

Viva-Voce-

The suitability of the candidate for employment in the Judicial Service will be tested with reference to his record at School, College and University and his personality, address and physique. The questions which may be put to him may be of a general nature and will not necessarily be of an academic or legal nature

If you want any more details about give information please let me know we will provide you.
21st March 2015, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir I am from UP and want the syllabus of PCS(J) Exams. will you help me in providing details of the exam?
21st March 2015, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator

As per your request I am posting some details about the same.

Uttar pradesh public service commission UPPSC every year conducts a state level open common competitive written examination for the recruitment of Civil Judged junior Division. Selection of the candidates is through written examination. Commission every year publishes notification in the month of may or June for the recruitment of Civil Judge.

Eligibility:
Graduation Degree in law . Or an Advocate enrolled under the provisions of the Advocate Act.

Age Limit:
minimum 21 year and maximum 22 years as on 1 July 2015

Syllabus & paper pattern:

Paper 1 –General Knowledge GK / GS Objective type – Maximum marks 200 , Time duration 2 Hours ,

Syllabus of paper 1 of civil judge Exam:
History of India and Indian Culture,
Geography of India,
Indian Polity,
Current National Issues and topics of Social relevance,
India and the world, Indian Economy,
International Affairs and Institutions and development in the field of Science and Technology, Communications and Space.
Paper 2 – law – maximum marks - 300 , Time duration – 2 hours , question type – Objective , MCQ based.

Syllabus of paper 2 written examination
This paper will include day to day happenings around India and the world, particularly in Legal spheres,
Acts and Laws.
Jurisprudence
International Organizations
Current International Affairs
Indian Constitution
Transfer of Property Act
Indian Evidence Act
Indian Penal Code
Civil Procedure Code
Criminal Procedure Code
Law of Contract

Stage 2 : main examination
Only those candidates will be called for Main Examination (Written Examination) who obtain such minimum marks as may be fixed by the Commission for the purpose on the basis of preliminary exam.
Pattern for main examination :
Paper No: 1 General Knowledge: M.M.: 200
Paper No. 2 Language:-
Paper No. 3 Law - I (Substantive Law
Paper No. 4 Law-II (Procedure and Evidence
Paper No. 5 Law-III (Penal, Revenue and Local Laws

Stage 3 personal Interview test :
The candidates who qualify in the written examination shall have to appear compulsorily in Personality Test (Viva-voce. The candidates for the main examination shall be declared successful in the ratio of 1:10 and for interview in the ratio of 1:3 . The interview will be of 100 marks. Marks obtained in the interview will be added to the Marks obtained in the written papers .

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in