2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

18th August 2014, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Syllabus or exam pattern for KVPY entrance exam

As you want to get the Syllabus or exam pattern for KVPY entrance exam so here it is for you:

Subjects covered

Physics
Chemistry
Maths
Biology

Latest Update on Test Pattern:

For SB +2
The question paper consists of two parts (both contain only multiple choice questions) for 100 marks.

There will be four sections in Part I (each containing 20 questions) and four sections in Part II (each containing 10 questions).

Answer any THREE of the four sections in Part I, and any TWO of the four sections in Part II.

In Part I each correct answer gets 1 mark and for each incorrect answer 0.25 mark will be deducted.

In Part II each correct answer gets 2 marks and for each incorrect answer 0.5 mark will be deducted.

For SA

The question paper consists of two parts (Part A contains multiple choice questions and Part B contains descriptive type questions) for 100 marks.

It consists of 40 questions of 1 mark each and 12 questions of 5 marks each.

There will be four sections allotted for

Mathematics
Physics
Chemistry
Biology.

All questions are compulsory.

Part 2 questions are Descriptive type in nature.

In Part - A each correct answer gets 1 mark and for each incorrect answer 0.25 mark will be deducted.

In Part - B each correct answer gets 5 marks. There will be no negative marking for Part – B. Part-B will be evaluated only for the top 2500 students based on the marks obtained

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in