2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

31st July 2014, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Syllabus For JNU MA ECO Entrance Exam

Here I am giving you information about Jawaharlal Nehru University M.A in Economics Entrance Exam written test below :

Micro-economics,
Macro-economics,
Mathematics and statistics,
International trade and some related disciplines, such as public economics and economic development.

Syllabus:
(a) (i) Micro-economics (Demand Curves, Price and Income Elasticity of Demand, Cost Curves, Equilibrium of Firm under Perfect Competition and Monopoly)
(ii) Macro-economics (National Income Theory of Income Determination, Monetary Policy, Trade and Balance of Payments)

(b) Descriptive Statistics (Mean, Median and Mode, Standard Deviation, Correlation Coefficient), Elementary Probability Theory, Mathematics for Economists (Elementary Algebra,Coordinate Geometry and Elementary Calculus)

(c) Problems of Economic History, Underdevelopment and Growth:

(i) India's Economic Development prior to Independence: India's Planning and Development experience since Independence; Basic indicators of Development.

(ii) International Economics Issues of Contemporary Relevance.

The M.A. admission test (total marks :100) will have only multiple choice questions (with negative marks for wrong answers) and the grading will be computerized.

The written test question paper will consist multiple choice questions with negative marks for wrong answers (total marks: 100) and grading will be computerized.

Tags
syllabus

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in