2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

27th September 2014, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Negative Marking In FCI Assistant Grade III Exam

Yes there will be negative marks of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in FCI Assistant Grade III Exam

SSC organizes exam For Food Corporation Of India Assistant Grade-III in General, Depot, Technical And Accounts.

Exam Pattern:-
Selection based on a Written Examination which will be taken by Staff Selection Commission.
The examination will consist of two papers as detailed below for Post Codes A, B and D for General, Depot and Accounts Cadres.

Applicants applying for Post Code C for [Technical Cadre]will appear in Paper-I and Paper-III.

The examination in paper III will be of degree level. Paper I and II will be of Higher Secondary Level.

Paper-I:-
Paper-I has Four parts as discussed below-
General Intelligence and Reasoning 50
General Knowledge and General Awareness 50
Quantitative Aptitude 50
Part-D English Comprehension 50

Paper-II:-
Part-A
Quantitative Methods 50 100
Part-B
English Comprehension 50 100

Paper-III:- Biological science- 200 Questions-200 marks.

Total time duration for Paper is 2 hours and 2 hours 40 minutes for visually handicapped candidate.

The Paper will consist of Objective Type-Multiple choice questions only.

Exam Syllabus:-

Paper-I:-

General Intelligence: It would include questions of non-verbal type. The test will include questions on similarities and differences, space visualization, problem solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discriminating observation, relationship concepts, figure classification, arithmetical number series, non-verbal series etc.

English Language:-Candidates’ understanding of the Basics of English Language, its vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms and its correct usage, etc. his/her writing ability would be tested.

Numerical Aptitude:-This paper will include questions on problems relating to Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions and relationship between Numbers, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, use of Tables and Graphs, Mensuration, Time and Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and Work, etc.

General Awareness:- Questions will be asked from current events, Indian history, sports, cultures, geography, Indian polity, economy etc.

Paper-II:-

Quantitative Methods:-This paper will include questions on problems relating to Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions and relationship between Numbers, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, use of Tables and Graphs, Mensuration, Time and Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and Work, Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles, Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons , Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base, Trigonometric ratio, Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary angles, Heights and Distances, Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar diagram & Pie chart.

English Language & Comprehension:- Questions will be based on spot the error, fill in the blanks, synonyms, antonyms, spelling/detecting mis-spelt words, idioms & phrases, one word substitution, improvement of sentences, active/passive voice of verbs, conversion into direct/indirect narration, shuffling of sentence parts, shuffling of sentences in a passage, close passage & comprehension passage.

Paper-III:- The question paper will consist of questions in –Botany, Zoology, Bio-technology, Bio-chemistry, Microbiology, Food Science and Technology, Agriculture and Agricultural Engineering.
24th June 2015, 04:40 PM
gopikrishna patel

I don't know clarity about, negative marks presents in fci assistance grade 3 exam. please tell me , it is present r not . my email Id;gopikrishnapatel15@gmail.com , cell no ;7382323925
31st July 2015, 08:12 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is there any criteria of Negative Marking in FCI Assistant Grade III Exam ?
There would be No Negative marks for wrong answers.
Kindly read the instructions provided on your admit card they
clearly mentioned the details.
1st October 2015, 12:12 AM
Unregistered

In the Admit card ..it clearly say there will be no negative mark for wrong answer. instruction no.14
27th August 2019, 10:16 AM
Unregistered

Is there any Negative Marking in FCI Assistant Grade III Exam if so then would you plz let me know about the same here , as my one of the best friend asking me about the same ??
27th August 2019, 10:17 AM
Super Moderator

As you are asking for Negative Marking in FCI Assistant Grade III Exam so I am telling yes There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks:

Syllabus
1. Building Materials:

Physical and Chemical properties building stones
Cement (Portland)
Laminates
Bituminous Materials
Asbestos products
Paints
Timber and Wood-based Products
Varnishes etc.
2. Surveying:

Principles of surveying
Plane table surveying
Curvature
Theodolite
Leveling and contouring
Methods of contouring
Permanent adjustment of dumpy level
Tachometric survey etc.
3. Soil Mechanics:

Void ratio
Water content
Soil classification
Consolidation of soils
Bearing capacity of soils
Plasticity chart
Porosity
Saturation
Permeability
Specific gravity of soil grains and unit weights
Grain size
Atterberg's limits
Lab tests
Moisture content
Plate load test
Standard Penetration test etc.
4. Estimating, Costing and Valuation:

Estimate
Analysis of rates
Earthwork
Brick
Flooring
Painting
RCC work shuttering
Tube well
Steel Truss
Plastering flexible pavements
Isolates and combined footings
Piles etc.
5. Transportation Engineering:

Types of Pavements
Pavement maintenance
Pavement materials - aggregate sand bitumen
Bituminous construction
Railway Engineering
Design of flexible and rigid pavements
Rigid pavement joint
6. Environmental Engineering:

Quality of water
Sanitation
Purification
Sewerage and sewage treatments
Distribution
7. Structural Engineering:

Bending moment and shear force diagrams retaining walls
Eccentric loads
Slope deflection
Critical load and columns
Torsion etc.
8. Concrete Technology:

Latest technology and uses of concrete
Quality control of concrete
Workability
Water-cement ratio
Finishing and curing of concrete
Placement
Compaction
Mix design
Repair and maintenance of concrete structure etc.
9. RCC Designs:

RCC flexural strength
Retaining walls
Bond strength
shear strength
Design of single reinforced beams
Water tanks (RCC design questions may be based on both Limit State method and Working Stress method)
10. Steel Design:

Roof trusses
Steel design and construction of steel columns
Beams
Plate girders
11. Construction Management:

Construction scheduling Bar Chart
CPM and PERT etc.
FCI Syllabus for Junior Engineer (Electrical Mechanical Engineering):
Basic concepts
Circuit law
Concepts of current
Electrical Machines
Energy and their units
Voltage
Power
AC Fundamentals
Synchronous Machines
Basic Electronics
Theory of Machines and Machine Design
Air standard Cycles for IC engines
Measurement and measuring instruments
Air Compressors & their cycles
Production Engineering
Generation
Transmission and Distribution of power in different power stations
Estimation and costing
Utilization of Electrical Energy
Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials
Thermal Engineering
Rankine cycle of steam
Boilers Refrigeration cycles

FCI Syllabus for AG III (Accounts) (Post Code G):
Basic Accounting concept including preparation of books of accounts
Taxation including Income Tax and Goods and Services Tax
Auditing: - (a) Auditing concepts and methods, (b) Internal & External audit of companies.
Commercial Laws:- (Basic Knowledge) (a) Basics of Contract Act, (b) Basics of Company Act, (c) Basics of Sales of Goods Act, (d) Negotiable Instrument Act
Basic of Computers: (a) Operating System, (b) Browsers, (c) Email, (d) Memory (Internal, External, portable), (e) Chats, (f) Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), (g) Networks
FCI Syllabus for AG III (Technical) (Post Code H):
Agriculture:- Statics of Indian Agriculture (Cereals & Pulses), Elementary entom entomology, Plant Protection, Agricultural Economics.
Botany:- Cell Biology:- Tissue, Organ & Organ System, Genetics, Plant Classification, Diversity, Ecology, Life Process: Photosynthesis, Respiration , Circulation, Movement etc, Basics of Biochemistry.
Zoology:- Animal Cell & Tissue, Organ System, Heredity & Variation, Animal Classification, Micro Organism, Insects & Rodents.
Chemistry:- Chemical bonding, Organic Chemistry : Basics of alkanes, alkenes, alkynes, alcohols, aldehydes and acids, Inorganic Chemistry , Chemistry in daily life.
Physics:- Measurements, Basic Physics, Light, Electricity.
The above syllabus for Agriculture, Botany, Zoology, Chemistry and Physics is
grouped into following two categories:
GROUP A- Agriculture, Botany and Zoology.
GROUP B- Agriculture, Chemistry and Physics.
At the time of filling up of the online application form, the candidate applying for the post of AG-III (Tech) shall have to select any one of the above groups for online examination Paper-II i.e. either Group-A or Group-B in which he/she wishes to appear in the examination. The option once exercised shall be final and no further changes will be allowed under any circumstances.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in