2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

3rd July 2018, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

Re: Does IAS Exam Have Negative Marking

Hi buddy I want to know Does IAS Exam Have Negative Marking , plz let me know about the same here as my one of the friend asking me about the same ??
3rd July 2018, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

Yes IAS/UPSC civil service Exam Have Negative Marking 1/3 i.e .33 negative marking for each wrong questions in preliminary examination . In mains are theoretical in nature there is no scope of allocating negative mark so there is no negative marking system in mains:

Exam pattern of Civil services examination has been designed to test the academic expertise of a candidate and that candidate's ability to present himself/herself in a systematic and coherent manner. The examination pattern intends to assess the overall intellectual traits and understanding level of the candidates.

The UPSC Civil Services Exam is conducted in two stages namely, Prelims and Mains, which are then followed by an interview.

Scheme and subjects for the Preliminary and Main Examinations are as follows:

Preliminary Examination (400 Marks)

(This is also called Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) and is a common test for all applicants)

The Prelims consists of two papers of 200 marks each
Both the question papers are of the objective type (multiple choice questions) of two hours each
The question papers will be set in both Hindi and English. However, questions related to English Language Comprehension skills would be provided only in English.
Blind candidates would be allowed an extra 20 minutes of time for each paper

Main Examination (2075 Marks)

Candidates who qualify Preliminary exam are called for Main exam and on the basis of marks secured in Main exam, they will be called for Interview
The total marks of Main exam and Interview sum up to produce final result

The written examination consists of the following papers:

Qualifying Papers

Paper I (Marks 300)
One of the Indian Languages to be selected by the candidates from the Languages included in the eighth schedule of the constitution

Paper II (Marks 300)
English
17th July 2018, 07:48 AM
Unregistered

Hii sir, I Wants to give the IAS Exam Will you Please tell Me Is IAS Exam Has Negative Marking ?
17th July 2018, 07:49 AM
Super Moderator

The Civil Services Examination (CSE) is a nationwide competitive examination in India conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment to various Civil Services of the Government of India,

Eligibility Criteria

The candidate must be a citizen of India.

The candidate should have a degree from Central, State or Deemed University. Degree from Correspondence Education or distance education, the open university is also accepted.

The candidate age must be 21 years old and not must be greater than 32 years old. For Open category is restrict to 32 years, for OBC category is restrict to 35 years and for SC/ST it is restricted to 37 years old.

Number of attempts is limited, for Open category it is limited to 6 attempts, for OBC category it is limited to 9 attempts and for SC/ST candidate there is no limitation (Any number of attempts)

There are three stages of selection process

Preliminary Test
Mains Written Exam
Interview

Preliminary Exam :

Marks of the preliminary exam are not counted for final marks.
Candidates should attempt two papers(paper 1 & paper 2) which are compulsory.
Both the papers are of 200 marks.
The questions will be of multiple choice.
The questions will be objective type.
It is necessary for candidate to score minimum 33% in paper 2 if fails to score minimum marks than the candidate wont be able to attempt
for its main
Both the paper will be of two hours duration.
There is Negative Marking in the prelims and 1/3rd of marks allotted for every question is reduced from your score if you get it wrong.

Main Exam

Main exam
Basic info about the Main exam:

Your main exam will consist of 9 papers.
You will have Two qualifying papers of 300 marks each.
Marks of qualifying paper will not be considered or counted.
Rest other 7 subjects will be of 250 marks each.

Negative Marking :

Prelims is MCQs based test .There is 1/3 i.e .33 negative marking for each wrong questions in preliminary examination .

However there is no negative marking for the question which are not attempted . mains are theoretical in nature there is no scope of allocating negative mark so there is no negative marking system in mains !!

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in