2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

25th April 2018, 04:07 PM
Unregistered

Re: Microbiology Question Papers Calcutta University

Hii sir, I Wants to get the Question Paper of the Biomolecules Subject of the Bsc Microbiology of the Calcutta University ?
25th April 2018, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator

The University of Calcutta (informally known as Calcutta University or CU) is a public state university located in Kolkata (formerly Calcutta), West Bengal, India established on 24 January 1857. It was the first institution in Asia to be established as a multidisciplinary and secular Western-style university.

As you Asking for the Question Paper of the Biomolecules Subject of the Bsc Microbiology of the Calcutta University Sorry I May Not Found the Question Paper Here I am giving you the Syllabus of the Biomolecules Subject of the Bsc Microbiology of the Calcutta University

Biomolecules (50 marks)

UNIT I 1. Stereochemistry: (15) General concepts on: Plane of symmetry, centre and axis of symmetry; Concepts of chirality; optical isomerism; geometrical isomerism; DL, RS nomenclature; Projection formula (Fischer & Howarth); Isomers: anomers, epimers. Stereochemistry of cyclohexane: idea of axial & equatorial bonds (related to chair form conformation), Important chemical reactions relating to configurations, Mutarotation and its mechanism.

2. Carbohydrates: (15) Definition, classification and structural concept of: Monosaccharides: Hexoses (only Glucose), Pentoses (Ribose, Ribulose, Xylose) Disaccharides: Sucrose, Lactose, Maltose Amino Sugars: Glucosamine, Muramic Acid Inversion (hydrolysis) of cane sugar. Chemical reactions of monosaccharides (glucose & fructose i.e., aldose and ketose) with HN03, Br2 - water, HI04, Phenylhydrazine. Principle of chemical estimation of sugar. Anomeric effect (Methylation effect).

Polysaccharides: Chemical structure of Starch (α- amylose, amylopectin), glycogen & cellulose. Smith degradation and enzymic hydrolosis of α-amylose & amylopectin.

3. Amino Acids: (10) Definition, classification, structure, stereochemistry of amino acids; Physico-chemical properties (Ionization & Biuret reaction) of amino acids. Amphoteric molecule, Zwitterion, pK values; Isoelectric point, Electrophoresis, Formol titration of Glycine (only reaction & principle).

Reaction with Ninhydrin, FDNB, Dansyl & Dabsyl chloride, Fluorescamine, Van-slykes reaction. Reactions of carboxyl & amino groups. Synthesis of Glycine. Separation of amino acids by-Ion-exchange, Gel filtration, Paper Chromatography and Thin layer Chromatography. Peptides: peptide bond, biologically important peptides (glutathione, oxytocin-important functions).

UNIT II 1.Proteins (15): Classification (Primary, Secondary, Tertiary, Quaternary- definition, examples) Forces that stabilize structure of proteins: H-bonds, hydrophobic interaction, electrostatic attraction, Van der Waal's interaction, dipole-dipole interaction. Types of proteins: i) Fibrous (α -helix, - sheet, e.g. collagen): definition and structure.
ii) Globular (Haemoglobin, Myoglobin): definition & examples. iii) Simple proteins and conjugated protein: definition & examples physical denaturation and renaturation . 2. Nucleic acid: (15) Purine, pyrimidine - definition and structure. Nucleoside, nucleotide: definition and structure. DNA & RNA: Double helical structure.

A-DNA, B-DNA & Z-DNA (structure and differences). Chemical Properties: Hydrolysis (acid, alkali), enzymatic hydrolysis of DNA. General structure and types of RNA (tRNA, mRNA, rRNA). Viscosity, Buoyant density. Hyperchromic effect. Cot curve, Tm. 3.Lipids

(10) Definition, nomenclature, classification - (simple, complex, derived lipids - structure & example) phospholipids, glycolipids, - (structure, composition); hydrolysis, saponification, saponification number, I2 number, acetylation, acetyl number, volatile fatty acid number - definition and related problems, Isomerism - cis-trans isomerism. Fatty acids: Saturated (palmitic acid, stearic acid), unsaturated (oleic acid): Structure of free fatty acids (example only). General chemical reaction of fatty acids - esterification. Hydrogenation and halogenations

For Ant Query you may Contact to the Calcutta University the contact Details Are given below

Contact Details
Calcutta University
JD 2, Sector III, Salt Lake Kolkata-700 098 West Bengal India
Telephone - +91 33 2350 9115, ext. 44, 28
Fascimile - +91 33 2351 5828
16th April 2019, 11:36 AM
Deboshmita Das

i want the question paper of entrance exam in m.sc archaeology ,calcutta university
5th May 2021, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

I want he question papers of entrance exam in msc in microbiology
30th June 2022, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

I want to get previous year question papers of msc microbiology of calcutta university .So please can you upload please please please please .........sir

Tags
microbiology

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in