2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

6th June 2015, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Maths 3 ptu

As you want I am here providing you syllabus of the Mathematics-III subject of the BTECH CSE course that is offered by the Punjab technical university

Syllabus :
Mathematics-III

Objective/s and Expected Outcome: To teach computer based Engineering Mathematics to students. After this course the student will be able to solve complex computer oriented problems.

Part- A 1. Fourier series: Periodic Functions, Euler’s Formula. Even and odd Functions, Half range expansions, Fourier series of different waveforms. [4]

2. Laplace transformations: Laplace transforms of various standard functions, properties of Laplace transform.

3. Partial Differential Equations: Formation of Partial Differential Equations, linear Partial Differential Equations, Homogeneous Partial Differential Equations with constant coefficients. [5]

4. Functions of complex variables: Limits, continuity and derivatives of the function of complex variables, Analytic function, Cauchy- Riemann equations, conjugate functions. [5]

Part- B 5. Linear Systems and Eigen- Values: Gauss – elimination method, gauss- Jordan method, Gauss- Seidel iteration method, Rayleigh’s Power method for Eigen values and Eigenvectors. [4]

6. Differential Equations: Solutions of Initial values problems using Eulers, modified Eulers method and Runge- kutta (upto fourth order) methods. [4]

7. Probability distribution: Binomial, Poisson and Normal distribution. [4]

8. Sampling Distribution & testing of Hypothesis: Sampling, Distribution of means and variance, Chi- Square distribution, t- distribution, F- distribution. General concepts of hypothesis, Testing a statistical Hypothesis, One and two tailed tests, critical region, Confidence interval estimation. Single and two sample tests on proportion, mean and variance.
20th February 2016, 06:01 PM
Unregistered

Hii Buddy, Here I am looking for Previous year B. Tech Engineering Mathematics Exam Question Papers , Will you please Give me Same for my help ?
20th February 2016, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator

Various courses run by Punjab Technical University (PTU) one is B. Tech. For Entrance in this Course,

the Candidate needs to either be a pass out of class 12 or should have Diploma in Engineering, from a recognized university or board.

Apart from this, the candidate also needs to clear the entrance test of total duration of 2 hours. In this test he needs to appear for three major parts, namely Physics, Chemistry as well as Mathematics.

There is also an existence Mathematics being spitted into first two semesters. The basic aim to include Mathematics is to teach the students about the application of the subject in engineering studies

Here I am Attaching Previous year B. Tech Engineering Mathematics Exam Question Papers of Punjab Technical University You Can Download free of cost :

Punjab Technical University B. Tech Engineering Mathematics Exam Question Paper

Contact No :
0182 266 2521

Address :

I.K Gujral Punjab Technical University
Jalandhar-Kapurthala Highway, Kapurthala
Near Pushpa Gujral Science City
Jalandhar, Punjab 144601

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in