2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

6th May 2015, 10:02 AM
Unregistered

MDU Maths 1 Syllabus

My Sister is doing M.Sc. Mathematics 1st Semester from MDU (Maharshi Dayanand University), Rohtak and I am looking for Schemes of Examination and Syllabus of MDU M.Sc. Mathematics 1st Semester for her so please provide me the same?
Similar Threads
Thread
SAT Syllabus Maths
Syllabus for KVS PGT maths exam
M.sc Maths Syllabus In BU Bhopal
EAMCET Maths syllabus
KVPY Maths Syllabus
VTU Maths Syllabus
Gmat Maths Syllabus
SAT Maths Syllabus
CBSE XI Maths Syllabus
GMAT syllabus maths
WBJEE Maths Syllabus
AFCAT Maths syllabus
SSC Maths syllabus
IIT JEE Maths Syllabus
MHT CET Maths syllabus
BHU MSc Maths Syllabus
UP PCS Exam Syllabus of Maths
MPPSC Maths syllabus
TRB Maths Syllabus
Syllabus of B.Sc. Maths (h) DU
17th May 2018, 03:58 PM
Unregistered

Re: MDU Maths 1 Syllabus

Can you provide me the syllabus of M.Sc. Mathematics 1st year (Semester-I & II) offered by Maharshi Dayanand University Rohtak - MDU Rohtak?
17th May 2018, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator

Re: MDU Maths 1 Syllabus

The syllabus of M.Sc. Mathematics 1st year (Semester-I & II) offered by Maharshi Dayanand University Rohtak - MDU Rohtak is as follows:

Syllabus- 1st SEMESTER
12MM 411: Advanced Abstract Algebra-I

Unit - I (2 Questions)
Groups : Zassenhaus lemma, Normal and subnormal series, Composition series, Jordan-Holder theorem, Solvable series, Derived series, Solvable groups, Solvability of Sn the symmetric group of degree n ≥ 2.

Unit - II (2 Questions)
Nilpotent group: Central series, Nilpotent groups and their properties, Equivalent conditions for a finite group to be nilpotent, Upper and lower central series, Sylow-p sub groups, Sylow theorems with simple applications. Description of group of order p2 and pq, where p and q are distinct primes(In general survey of groups upto order 15).

Unit - III (2 Questions)
Field theory, Extension of fields, algebraic and transcendental extensions Splitting fields, Separable and inseparable extensions, Algebraically closed fields, Perfect fields.

Unit - IV (2 Questions)
Finite fields, Automorphism of extensions, Fixed fields, Galois extensions, Normal extensions and their properties, Fundamental theorem of Galois theory, Insolvability of the general polynomial of degree n ≥ 5 by radicals

Syllabus M.Sc. Mathematics 1st year Maharshi Dayanand University Rohtak

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in