2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Entrance Exams

14th April 2015, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

Madras university financial accounting question papers

My younger brother, he is doing study at Madras University and his subject is B.com??? He wants B.com financial accounting previous year question paper of Madras University…. So would you please provide me previous year question paper of B.com financial accounting of Madras University???

University of Madras is a public state university in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. Established in 1857, it is one of the oldest and premier universities in India.

The university was incorporated by an act of the Legislative Council of India.

Madras University Financial Accounting Question Papers

Financial Accounting syllabus:

Unit - I:

The Accounting structure: Basic accounting concepts and conversions - Accounting equation - Meaning of accounting - Groups interested in accounting information - trial balance, final accounts (emphasis to be given to important adjustments) - Rectification of errors - Suspense account

Unit - II:

Depreciation accounting - Meaning of depreciation - Methods of providing depreciation - Fixed percentage on original cost - Fixed percentage on diminishing balance (including change in the method of depreciation) Single entry: Definition and salient features Statement of affairs method - Conversion method. Average due date - Account current and investment accounts

UNIT - III :

Branch Accounts: Debtors system - profit and Loss Accounts - Stock and debtors system - Distinction between wholesale profit and retail profit - Independent branch ( foreign branch excluded) - Departmental Accounts: Basis for allocation of expenses - Inter departmental transfer at cost or selling price - Treatment of expenses which cannot be allocated.

Unit - IV:

Hire purchase and Instalment purchase: Meaning and legal position Accounting aspects - Default and re-possession - Hire purchase trading account - Instalment system - Accounting aspect. Sale or Return: Meaning and legal position - Accounting procedure under different circumstances.

UNIT - V:

Partnership Accounts: Section 13 of Indian Partnership Act - Fixed and fluctuating. capital - Final accounts of firms - Admission of a partner - Retirement of a partner - Death of a partner - dissolution of partnership - Insolvency of a partner - (Garner Vs Murray) - Insolvency of all pa tners Gradual realization of assets and piecemeal distribution.

General Enquiry Phone no: 2539 9422, 2539 9746
Examination Regular Enquiry Phone no: 2539 9456, 2539 9457
IDE General Enquiry Phone no: 2561 3727, 2561 3728, 2561 3729, 2561 3730
Examination IDE Enquiry Phone no: 2539 2231, 2561 3718
Examination IDE Admission Phone no: 2561 3715, 2561 3773

Last edited by sumit; 18th November 2019 at 02:52 PM.