2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

20th August 2014, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

Re: M.Ed Entrance Exam Syllabus

Here is the list of few Main Topics for M.Ed Entrance Exam for your idea.
Education & Philosophy

Education in Ancient & Medieval India
Learning & Motivation
Major Philosophies of Education
Nature & Meaning of Psychology
Education in British India
Educational Thinkers and their contribution in developing Principles of Education
Intelligence
Personality
Psychology & Educational Psychology

Detailed Syllabus for M.Ed Entrance Exam

Education & Philosophy
Nature and Meaning of Philosophy
Relation between Philosophy & Education
Nature & Meaning of Education
Aims of Education
Significance of Philosophy of Education

Major Philosophies of Education
Naturalism
Existentialism
Idealism
Pragmatism
Educational Thinkers & their Contribution in developing Principles of Education

Culture & Social Change
Concept of social change
Characteristics of Culture
Concept & Dimensions of Culture
Factors of social change
Relationship between Culture & Education
Roles of Education

Psychology & Educational Psychology
Educational Psychology
Meaning of Psychology
Functions of Educational Psychology

Factors influencing learning
Techniques of enhancing learner’s motivation
S-R Theory of Learning
Learning & Motivation
Concept of learning & its nature
Operant Conditioning theory of learning
Gestalt theory of Learning

Intelligence
Multifactor Theory
Structure of intellect
Measurement of Intelligence
Two-factor Theory

Personality
Trait-theory of Personality
Factor-theory of Personality
Psycho analytical theory of Personality
Development of Personality – biological & socio-culture determinants.
Integration of Personality

Education in Ancient & Medieval India
Methods of Teaching
Muslim Education
Vedic Education
Brahmanic Education
Buddhist Education

Education in British India
Indian Education Commission (1882)
Indian Universities Commission & Act
Macaulay’s Minutes (1835)
Gokhlee’s Bill (1910-12)
Govt. of India Act (1935)
Sadler Commission Report (1917)
Sargent Report (1944)
Wood’s Despatch (1854)

Problems & Issues
Adult Education
National & Emotional integration
Quality Control in Higher Education
Universalization of Elementary Education
Women’s Education
Distance Learning
Education of Weaker Sections
Medium of Instruction

Teaching & its Models
Concept of teaching
Concept Attainment Model (J.Bruner)
Phases of teaching (Jackson)
Principles & Maxims of teaching
Synectics Model
Characteristics & Functions of teaching

Techniques of Teacher-Preparation
Microteching
Programmed - Meaning & Characteristics
Simulated - Advantages & Limitations

Taxonomy of Educational Objectives & Lesson Planning
Meaning & Significance of lesson planning
Skill lesson & Appreciation lesson
The Herbartian Steps, Gloverian approach
Approaches to Lesson planning
Bloom’s Taxonomy of instructional objectives
Formulation of Instructional Objectives (Mager’s)

Other Topics
Dalton Plan
The Project Method
Play Way Method
Heuristic Method
6th December 2014, 10:21 AM
Unregistered

M.Ed Entrance Exam Syllabus

I want to get the M.Ed Entrance Exam Syllabus of Kashmir University, can you please provide me that ?
6th December 2014, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator

Re: M.Ed Entrance Exam Syllabus

As you want to get the M.Ed Entrance Exam Syllabus of Kashmir University so here I am giving you same.

Unit I Education & Philosophy
i) Nature & Meaning of Education
ii) Aims of Education – individual and social.

iii) Nature and Meaning of Philosophy
iv) Relation between Philosophy & Education
v) Significance of Philosophy of Education

Unit II Major Philosophies of Education
i) Naturalism
ii) Idealism
iii) Pragmatism.
iv) Existentialism

Unit III Educational Thinkers & their Contribution in developing Principles of Education.
i) M. K. Gandhi : Basic Education
ii) Tagore : Shanti Niketan
iii) Swami Vivekananda : Man making Education
iv) John Dewey : Learning by doing
v) Froebel : The play way method
vi) Montessori : The didactic Apparatus

Unit I Education & Philosophy i) Nature & Meaning of Education ii) Aims of Education – individual and social. iii) Nature and Meaning of Philosophy iv) Relation between Philosophy & Education v) Significance of Philosophy of Education

(4) Unit II Major Philosophies of Education i) Naturalism ii) Idealism iii) Pragmatism. iv) Existentialism (4)

Unit III Educational Thinkers & their Contribution in developing Principles of Education. i) M. K. Gandhi : Basic Education ii) Tagore : Shanti Niketan iii) Swami Vivekananda : Man making Education iv) John Dewey : Learning by doing v) Froebel : The play way method vi) Montessori : The didactic Apparatus (4)

Unit IV Culture & Social Change i) Concept & Dimensions of Culture ii) Characteristics of Culture iii) Relationship between Culture & Education with special reference to conservative and creativity roles iv) Concept of social change v) Factors of social change vi) Roles of Education Vis-à-vis social change. (4)

Unit V Psychology & Educational Psychology i) Nature & Meaning of Psychology.
ii) Methods & Scope Psychology. iii) Nature & Meaning of Educational Psychology. iv) Functions of Educational Psychology. (4)

Unit VI Learning & Motivation i) Concept of learning & its nature ii) Factors of influencing learning – Personal & Environmental iii) Motivation – Nature, Types: - Techniques of enhancing learner’s motivation iv) S-R Theory of Learning (Thorndike) v) Operant Conditioning theory of learning (Skinner) vi) Gestalt theory of Learing (Kohler et al). (4)

Unit VI I Intelligence i) Nature & Meaning ii) Measurement of Intelligence – Concept of I.Q, Verbal, Non-verbal & Performance tests. (One test from each category to be discussed) iii) Two-factor Theory (Spearman) iv) Multifactor Theory (Thurstone) v) Structure of intellect (Guilford) (4)

Unit VIII Personality i) Meaning & nature ii) Development of Personality – biological & socio-culture determinants. iii) Integration of Personality iv) Trait-theory of Personality (Allport) v) Factor-theory of Personality (Cattell) vi) Psycho analytical theory of Personality (Freud) Educational Implications of the above mentioned theories. (4)

Unit IX Education in Ancient & Medieval India i) Vedic Education ii) Brahmanic Education
iii) Buddhist Education Detailed description of Salient features, Objectives, Curriculum, Methods of Teaching, Role of Teacher of these systems of Education iv) Muslim Education - its Salient features, Objectives & Curriculum. Method of teaching & role of teacher. (4)

Unit X Education in British India : Detailed study of the following landmark documents: i) Macaulay’s Minutes (1835) ii) Wood’s Despatch (1854) iii) Indian Education Commission (1882) iv) Indian Universities Commission (1902) & Act, (1904) v) Gokhlee’s Bill (1910-12) vi) Sadler Commission Report (1917) vii) Govt. of India Act (1935) viii) Sargent Report (1944) (4)

Unit XI Problems & Issues i) Universalization of Elementary Education ii) Women’s Education iii) Distance Learning iv) National & Emotional integration. v) Medium of Instruction vi) Education of Weaker Sections vii) Adult Education viii) Quality Control in Higher Education (4)

Unit XII Teaching & its Models i) Concept of teaching. ii) Characteristics & Functions of teaching. iii) Phases of teaching (Jackson) iv) Principles & Maxims of teaching v) Concept Attainment Model (J.Bruner)
vi) Synectics Model (W.Gordon) Each Model is to be discussed along the following: Syntax, Social system, Principles of Reaction, Support System, Instructional effect, Application. (4) Unit XIII Techniques of Teacher-Preparation. i) Microteching - Nature & Meaning, Main proposition, Phases, Steps, Merits & Limitations. ii) Simulated - Nature & Meaning, Mechanism, Teaching Role Play & T-group. - Advantages & Limitations. iii) Programmed - Meaning & Characteristics, Learning - Principles & Development of the Programmed instructions. - Types. - Merits & Demerits. (4)

Unit XIV Taxonomy of Educational Objectives & Lesson Planning.

i) Bloom’s Taxonomy of instructional objectives: - Cognitive, Affective & Psychomotor domains ii) Formulation of Instructional Objectives (Mager’s) iii) Meaning & Significance of lesson planning iv) Approaches to Lesson planning. a) The Herbartian Steps. b) Gloverian approach. v) Skill lesson & Appreciation lesson. (4)
ii)
iii) Unit XV A detailed discussion of the following: i) Play Way Method ii) Dalton Plan iii) The Project Method iv) Heuristic Method.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in