2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

30th April 2015, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

Lateral Entry In PDPU

I am doing BCA Final Year. After BCA I want to do B.Tech from Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University (PDPU). Can I take direct admission in 2nd year of B.Tech Program? Does the University offer Lateral Entry for the students who have a Bachelor Degree? Provide the rules for lateral entry at PDPU for B.Tech Degree Program?
Similar Threads
Thread
NIFT Lateral Entry
DTE Mp Lateral Entry
LPU Msc IT Lateral Entry
Lateral Entry in NIT Jamshedpur
BE Lateral entry
SMU Lateral Entry
MBA Lateral Entry In India
Lateral Entry In JIIT
Lateral entry after 2nd year
LNMIIT Lateral Entry
GLA university lateral entry
MBA Lateral Entry In LPU
MBA Lateral Entry SMU
PTU Lateral Entry in B Tech
MCA Lateral Entry In LPU
MP PET Lateral Entry
PTU Lateral Entry
Lateral entry for MCA
Lateral Entry Engineering for ECE
DTU Lateral Entry for B.Tech Course
28th May 2018, 12:06 PM
Unregistered

Re: Lateral Entry In PDPU

Can you tell me if PDPU (Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University) offer admission to the Bachelor of Technology program through Lateral Entry?
28th May 2018, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Lateral Entry In PDPU

No, PDPU (Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University) offer admission to the Bachelor of Technology program through Lateral Entry.

Admission to the First Year of the Bachelor of Technology offered by PDPU (Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University) shall be given as under, namely:

i. Government Seats (50%)
For the purpose of admission on Gujarat Seats, a candidate has to apply at ACPC as per ACPC norms.

ii. All India Seats (35%)
One seeking admission on All India Seats shall apply on-line, on the University website, within the prescribed time limit.
35% seats shall be filled by the University from the candidates who have passed the Qualifying Exam from the schools located in India (including Gujarat State) and have appeared in JEE (Main). Merit list for these seats shall be based on marks obtained in JEE (Main).

iii. NRI seats (15%)
These Seats shall be filled by the University as NRI seats from the candidates who have passed the Qualifying Exam from the schools located in India (including Gujarat State) or abroad. Seats shall be filled as per merit.
There will be a common application form for admission on All India seats and NRI seats. One applying for admission on All India seats will have to specify if application should be considered also for admission as NRI sponsored candidate as per his eligibility.

Eligibility for Admission

a) For admission as All India Seat candidate and/or as NRI Sponsored candidate:
One should have secured a rank in Paper 1 of JEE (Main)
AND
One should have passed the Qualifying Examination with minimum 45% marks (40% for SC / ST) in aggregate in theory and practical of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.

b) For admission as NRI Candidate:
i. One must have passed the qualifying exam abroad with minimum 45% marks (40% for SC / ST) in aggregate in theory and practical of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics; and also must have passed:
SAT Subject Tests (formerly SAT II) of level-II Physics, Mathematics, & Chemistry
OR
AP tests at A-levels in Physics, Mathematics & Chemistry
OR
Equivalent standard examination of United Kingdom (UK) education system in
Physics, Mathematics, & Chemistry
OR
JEE (Main).
ii. In case, Letter Grade / Performance Index or Graded Point Average is awarded instead of percentage marks in qualifying exam, the equivalence certificate is required from the school authority.
iii. Such candidate will have to produce equivalence certificate of qualifying exam from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in