2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

27th October 2014, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Indian Services Exam Age limit

Indian Administrative Services (IAS) Exam is considered as one of the most sort after competitive exams in India for apply for this exam candidate should fulfill the eligibility criteria.

Eligibility Criteria :

Age Limits:

Candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the 1st August of the year in which examination is being held.

Upper age limit may be relaxed in respect of the SC/ST and other backward classes.

Qualification :
Candidate should have a graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university in India

Candidates who appearing for final year degree exam are also eligible to apply.

Candidates with professional and technical qualifications recognized by the Government of India as equivalent to professional and technical degree are also eligible to apply for the exam.

Candidates who have passed final year of MBBS exam but are yet to complete internship can apply for the prelim exam.

IAS Syllabus

Syllabus for CSAT: - The CSAT test will be divided into two sections i.e. General Awareness and English Proficiency.
• For General Awareness:- Current affairs at national and international level, History of India (Indian National Movement), India and World Geography, Indian Constitution & Politics, Economic & Social Development and General Science.
• For English: - Reading Comprehensions, Grammar, Communication skills, Logical Reasoning and mental ability.

Syllabus for Civil Service Mains: - There will be total nine papers for this exam. Initial two are qualifying papers, of which one paper is one of the Indian languages and the second paper is English. Third one will be an essay paper whereas fourth and fifth will be on General Studies. Next, candidates have to select two optional subjects. Then, there will be two papers.

Interview 300 marks
15th May 2015, 09:47 AM
Unregistered

I am looking to appear in Indian Civil Services Examination conducted by UPSC. So I am looking for details about eligibility Criteria of Exam. So will you give me information about eligibility criteria of UPSC Indian Civil Services Examination?
15th May 2015, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator

Here you want to get information about eligibility criteria of Indian Civil Services Examination conducted by UPSC, so I am giving following information:

UPSC Indian Civil Services Examination Eligibility

Candidates must be an Indian Citizen.

Have a minimum Bachelor Degree from any recognized University.

Age Limit
Candidate’s age should between 21 to 30 Years.

Exam Pattern
Civil Services (Preliminary) Examinations (Objective Type)

Civil Services (Main) Examination (Written and Interview)

Preliminary Exam
Paper I General Studies (150 marks)
Paper II One subject to be selected from the list of optional subjects set out in Para 2 below (300 marks)
Total : 450 marks

List of optional subjects for Preliminary Examination
Agriculture
Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
Commerce
Electrical Engineering
Geology
Indian History
Law
Medical Science
Physics
Political Science
Public Administration
Statistics
Zoology
Mathematics
Mechanical Engineering
Psychology
Sociology
Philosophy
Botany
Chemistry
Geography
Civil Engineering
Economics

Main Examination
Paper I (300 marks)
One of the Indian languages to be selected by the candidate from the Languages included in the Eighth Scheduled to the Constitution.

Paper II English 300 marks

Paper III Essay 200 marks

Papers IV and V General Studies 300 marks for each paper

Papers VI, VII, VIII and IX 300 marks for each paper
Any two subjects to be selected from the list of the optional subjects set out in para 2 below. Each subject will have two papers.

Interview Test will carry 300 marks.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in