2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

31st July 2015, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Age Limit for Combined Defence Services Exam

Hello friend as you want to get the eligibility details of Combined Defence Services Examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission so here I am providing you the same….

Eligibility Criteria:
Nationality: A candidate must be either
(a) A citizen of India, or
(b) A subject of Nepal, or
(c) A subject of Bhutan, or
(d) A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
(e) A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Srilanka or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.

Age Limit:
(i) For IMA: Unmarried male candidates/applicants born not earlier than 2nd January, 1991 and not later than 1st January 1996.

(ii) For Indian Naval Academy: Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1991 and not later than 1st January,1996.

(iii) For Air Force Academy: Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1992 and not later than 1st January, 1996.

(iv) For Officers’ Training Academy (SSC Course for Men): Male candidates (married or unmarried) born not earlier than 2nd January, 1990 and not later than 1st January, 1996.

(v) For Officers Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical Course): Unmarried Women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been born not earlier than 2nd January, 1990 and not later than 1st January, 1996.

Educational Qualification:
(i) For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy: Candidates must have Degree of a recognized University or equivalent.

(ii) For Indian Naval Academy: Candidates must have Degree in Engineering from a recognized university/institution

(iii) For Air Force Academy: Candidates must have Degree of a recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.

Scheme of examination:

14th April 2020, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Age Limit for Combined Defence Services Exam

Age Limit

Indian Military Academy 19–24years
Air Force Academy 19–24 years
Naval Academy 19–24 years
Officers’ Training Academy 19–25 years

Educational Qualification

I.M.A. and OTA: Degree of a recognized University or equivalent.
Indian Naval Academy (INA): Degree in Engineering from a recognized university/institution.

Air Force Academy: Degree of a recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.

Nationality: A candidates must either be: a Citizen of India,

Scheme of Examination

Stages of exam Written exam and SSB Interview
Mode of exam Offline / Pen and paper based
Subjects 1- English
2- General Knowledge

3- Elementary Mathematics

Exam duration 2 hours for each paper
Number of questions 340 MCQs for – IMA, INA AFA and OTA
240 MCQs for – OTA

Language of paper English & Hindi (Both language except Hindi)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in