2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

22nd May 2015, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

IIT vs IISC

Which college is best among Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore and Indian Institute of Technology Delhi for engineering course in India? As I want to do engineering course but I a confused between these colleges so can you please help me to select the college?
Similar Threads
Thread
SIP IISc
IISc Day
IIT Or IISC Which Is Best
KM Lab IISC
Iisc gps
Iisc mcb
Iisc be
Iisc bc
IISc RA
Fmc iisc
Iisc ugc nrc
No of IISC
Iisc nrc-dbs
Iisc faq
IISC MBA CAT Cut Off
Ug iisc
Mba iisc
Iisc mba
Which is best in Between IIT B and IISC
QIP in IISC
3rd September 2018, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

Re: IIT vs IISC

Hello sir, which institute is best for me from IIT VS IISC? Is there any one can suggest me best institutes from IIT vs IISC?
3rd September 2018, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator

Re: IIT vs IISC

As per my suggestion both institutes are best for education but these institutes IIT vs IISC are provides different degree in their fields.

The IITs were provides engineering degree. In other site the IISCs are provided science related courses.

IITs were established to provide finest technical manpower for building the nation. IISc was established by private bodies to conduct core research with focus on advancing the scientific capabilities of the country.

Therefore these institutes provide man power to according to their fundamentals.

IITs offer emphasis or focus on B.Tech (under grad) courses where as IISc only starts at MS or M.Tech (graduate).

IITs have several thousand students studying different streams of engineering to equip themselves to set in industry where as IISc have few students working towards high end research and get into research industries in the nation.

IITS:

The Indian Institutes of Technology are autonomous public institutes of higher education, located in India.

Most IITs are ranked above any other engineering college in India in engineering rankings. Outlook India's Top Engineering Colleges of 2017 is ranked four IITs in its top 10, including the top four positions.

Worldwide however, the highest ranked IIT (IIT Delhi) is ranked at 172 in the QS World University Rankings of 2019, followed by IIT Bombay ranked at 162, while other premier institutes as IISc Bangalore (ranked at 170) and 3 other IITs (IIT Madras at 264, IIT Kanpur at 293 and IIT Kharagpur at 308) make the top 310.

IISCs:

The Indian Institute of Science is a public institute for research and higher education in science, engineering, design, and management. It is located in Bangalore, India, was established in 1909

Ranking:

University rankings
General international
ARWU (2017) 301400
QS (World) (2018) 190
QS (BRICS) (2018) 10
QS (Asia) (2018) 51
Times (World) (2018) 251300
Times (BRICS) (2017) 14
Times (Asia) (2018) 21
General India
NIRF (Overall) (2018) 1