2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

5th May 2015, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

IIT Delhi CGPA

I am a B.Tech graduate of the IIT Delhi. I have marks in the CGPA grade point form. Will you please tell me the process to calculate the B.Tech graduate CGPA grade points of IIT Delhi in percentage marks .
Similar Threads
Thread
Gndu cgpa
Iit kgp cgpa calculation
Delhi University CGPA to Percentage Conversion
Iitm cgpa
GTU CGPA to Percentage
CGPA Calculator LPU
VTU CGPA Calculator
Andhra University CGPA
WBUT CGPA To CGPA
Cgpa iit kgp
CGPA in PGCET
CGPA In MBA
Minimum CGPA For MBA In USA
CGPA calculator for GRE
Mdu cgpa
IIT Bombay CGPA
Cgpa iit madras
IIT Madras Cgpa Calculation
IIT KGP CGPA to percentage
Percentage from CGPA
22nd May 2018, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

Re: IIT Delhi CGPA

Hello sir, I want to understand the CGPA calculation of Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi. Will you please provide me CGPA conversion in Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi?
22nd May 2018, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IIT Delhi CGPA

In IIT Delhi the performance of a student will be evaluated in terms of three indices, viz. the Semester Grade Point Average (SGPA) which is the Grade Point Average for a semester, Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) which is the Grade Point Average for all the completed semesters at any point in time and Degree Grade Point Average (DGPA)

A student has to repeat all core courses in which he/ she obtains F Grades until a passing grade is obtained.

For E Grade in a core course, a student has to repeat the same core courses or take a re-major test to obtain a passing grade.

Minimum Qualification for Admission to full-time PhD Programmes:

Qualifying Degree Minimum performance in qualifying degree for General/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) category students Qualification through national level examination requirements
M.Tech./M.E./M.D. or equivalent 60% marks or 6.75 CGPA on a 10-point scale Nil
M.Sc./MBA/M.A./MBBS or equivalent 60% marks or 6.75 CGPA on a 10-point scale GATE score >= 300 or qualifying or equivalent score whichever is higher CSIR/UGC NET/ICAR/ICMR/DST INSPIRE fellowship
B.E./B.Tech or equivalent 70% marks or 7.5 CGPA on a 10-point scale Qualified GATE/CSIR/UGC NET/ICAR/DST INSPIRE fellowship

For the other (elective) courses in which E or F grade have been obtained, the student may take the same course or any other course from the same category or take re-major in case of E Grade.

E & F Grades are not counted in the calculation of the CGPA; however, these are counted in the calculation of the SGPA.

The CGPA is calculated on the basis of all pass grades, except audit courses and courses in which S/Z grade is awarded, obtained in all completed semesters.

CGPA = Cumulative points secured in all passed courses (A-D grade)/ Cumulative earned credits, excluding audit and S/Z grade courses

Typical academic performance calculations - I semester:

Course no. Course credits Grade awarded Earned credits Grade points Points secured
(column 1) (column 2) (column 3) (column 4) (column 5) (column 6)
MALXXX 5 C 5 6 30
CSLXXX 4 C(-) 4 5 20
PHLXXX 4 A 4 10 40
PHPXXX 2 B 2 8 16
MELXXX 4 E 0 2 08
TTNXXX 2 S 2

Credits registered in the semester (total of column 2) = 21
Credits registered in the semester excluding audit and S/Z grade courses = 19
Earned credits in the semester (total of column 4) = 17
Earned credits in the semester excluding audit & S/Z grade courses = 15
Points secured in this semester (total of column 6) = 114
Points secured in this semester in all passed courses (total of column 6 & A-D grade) = 106

IT Delhi courses of study and conversion of CGPA
academics.iitd.ac.in/sites/default/files/acadcalendar/PG_CouStudy_201415.pdf

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in