2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

10th April 2016, 09:47 AM
Unregistered

Cgpa iit kgp

Hello sir, I am Mukul Roy. I am from Kharagpur. I want you to help me by giving me some information about the Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) calculations of Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur for B.Tech course. Can you help me?
Similar Threads
Thread
AFCAT CGPA Conversion
Gndu cgpa
Iit kgp cgpa calculation
IGNOU CGPA conversion
Iitm cgpa
GTU CGPA to Percentage
CGPA Calculator LPU
VTU CGPA Calculator
Andhra University CGPA
IIT Delhi CGPA
WBUT CGPA To CGPA
CGPA in PGCET
CGPA In MBA
Minimum CGPA For MBA In USA
CGPA calculator for GRE
Mdu cgpa
IIT Bombay CGPA
Cgpa iit madras
IIT KGP CGPA to percentage
Percentage from CGPA
10th April 2016, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Cgpa iit kgp

As you have asked about the Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) calculations of Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur for B.Tech course, I am giving you some information about it, check below for the details

Starting from the second semester at the end of each semester S, a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) will be computed for every student as follows:

CGPA= cigi/ ci (Summation for i=1 to i=m)
Where m is the total number of subjects the student has registered and cleared from the first semester onwards up to and including the semester S,„ i c ‟ is the number of Credits allotted to a particular subject „is‟ and „ i g ‟ is the grade-point carried by the letter corresponding to the grade awarded to the student for the subject „ i s ‟.
CGPA will be rounded off to the second place of decimal and recorded as such.

The CGPA would indicate the cumulative performance of the student from the first semester up to the end of the semester to which it refers.

When a student gets the grade „F‟ in any subject during a semester, the SGPA and the CGPA from that semester onwards will be tentatively calculated, taking only „zero point‟ for each such „F‟ grade

In case of a specific query by students/employers regarding conversion of CGPA into percentage marks, the following formula will be adopted for notional conversion of CGPA into percentage marks.

Formula: % Marks = CGPA*10

IIT Kharagpur Regulations

For more, you can refer to the attached file;
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IIT Kharagpur Regulations.pdf (2.32 MB, 245 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in