2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

9th October 2014, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator

Re: IISc MSc+Ph.D Admission Procedure

The Indian Institute of Science, through its Integrated Ph.D.programme, offers exciting opportunities to applicants holding a Bachelor's degree for acquiring a rigorous and modern education in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology and for pursuing research.

Admission to the Integrated Ph.D. Programme is through the Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. (JAM) followed by an interview at IISc.

1. Admission to Physics is also through JEST, in addition to JAM. JEST qualified candidates with rank 50 or better and with 3-year BSc Physics background are welcome to walk-in interview for the

2. The admission to the Integrated Ph.D. program in Chemical Sciences is directly through JAM rank.
There will be no interviews for admission to the Chemical Sciences Integrated Ph.D. program.

Integrated PhD program in Physics. The candidates are requested to carry all relevant documents including those related to their JEST examination, mark sheets etc..

A short-list, determined by a cut-off mark for JAM 2014, will be drawn up.

Important Dates
Interviews at IISc May 28-30, 2014

Indian Institute of Science Bangalore
CV Raman Road, Yeshwanthpura, Bangalore, Karnataka 560012 ‎
080 2293 2004 ‎

Map:
[MAP]https://maps.google.co.in/maps?q=IISc+&hl=en&ll=13.024879,77.569206&spn=0.01 0892,0.020363&client=opera&t=m&z=16&iwloc=A[/MAP]
31st July 2015, 01:13 PM
Unregistered

IISc MSc+Ph.D Admission Procedure

What is admission process for Ph D / M Sc(Engg) degree program plz tell me I want to do it from IISc??
31st July 2015, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IISc MSc+Ph.D Admission Procedure

IISc offered Ph D / M Sc(Engg) degree program and as you want here I am telling you detail of admission process for this program.

Applicant with ME /M Tech / M Sc(Engg) / MS / MBA (post BE / B Tech / Master’s degree) will be short-listed for interview for Ph D programmes based on their academic performance (including their past performance in the national entrance tests, if qualified, and/or the number of Publications if any will be given weightage).
Applicants must be with strong and consistent academic record and / or noteworthy academic accomplishments (awards, prizes, rank in national exams, research publications). Thus, the short-listing of applicants for the interview process is based on one or more of the following indicators of academic excellence:

A1. Marks / Grade Point Average in ME/M Tech programme (or equivalent), or

A2. Marks / Grade Point Average in M Sc (Engg) or equivalent research masters degree.

B1. Marks / Grade Point Average in BE/B Tech programme (or equilvalent), or

B2. Marks / Grade Point Average in B Sc and M Sc programme (or equivalent)

C. Marks / Grade Point Average in PUC / Class XII Board Examinations

D. Marks / Grade Point Average in Class X Board Examinations]

For complete information about admission process you can see following attached file:

IISc Ph D / M Sc(Engg) admission process

Address
Indian Institute of Science
Bangalore – 560 012
Telephones
080 – 22932210
FAX: 080 – 23601413
Email: ar@academic.admin.iisc.ernet.in

[MAP]Indian Institute of Science Bangalore[/MAP]
Attached Files
File Type: doc IISc Ph D - M Sc(Engg) admission process.doc (39.5 KB, 152 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in