2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

1st May 2015, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility For CLAT Exams

What are the eligibility criteria to write the CLAT exam? I have passed the 12th and I am interested to do the law course so some one suggested me to write the CLAT exam so I want to check eligibility for it to know that I am eligible to write it or not?
Similar Threads
Thread
Eligibility For Appearing in CLAT Exam
Eligibility In CLAT
Eligibility For BPSC Exams
Eligibility to write CLAT
What is the Eligibility for IFS Exams
CLAT Eligibility Details
Eligibility Criteria For CLAT
Eligibility CLAT
Bank PO exams eligibility
Eligibility for RTO Exams
Dates and Eligibility of CET ED Exams
CLAT application forms dates & eligibility
MCA entrance exams eligibility
UPSC exams Eligibility
Eligibility Criteria for CLAT LLM exam
PCS Exams Eligibility after B.Com.
CLAT Exam Eligibility Criteria
Placement Exams Eligibility
IPS entrance exams Eligibility
CLAT eligibility
21st April 2018, 03:21 PM
Unregistered

Re: Eligibility For CLAT Exams

Can you tell me about the eligibility requirement for CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) for Post Graduate Programmes (L.L.M.) as I want to check if I am eligible?
21st April 2018, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Eligibility For CLAT Exams

The Common Law Admission Test for Post Graduate Programmes (L.L.M.) will be applicable for admission to NLSIU, NALSAR, NLIU, WBNUJS, HNLU, GNLU, RMLNLU and RGNUL only.

Eligibility:
One should have passed the LL.B. / B.L. Degree or an equivalent degree from a recognized University. The minimum required percentage is:

[i] 55% marks in case of candidates belonging to Unreserved / OBC/Specially Abled Persons [SAP] and other categories, and
[ii] 50% marks in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category,

One must have passed/appeared in the final semester/final year exami of the qualifying exam on the date of admission.

In the case of an applicant who has appeared in the qualifying exam, one may submit final result of qualifying exam within the time frame prescribed by the respective University / Institute. Till then such candidates may be given provisional admission.

In the case of equal marks, the breaking of a tie shall be by procedure and order as under:
[i] Higher age;
[ii] Computerised draw of lots.

No upper age limit is prescribed for appearing in CLAT.

CLAT PG Seats and Reservation

The law entrance exam for LLM is conducted for admissions to as many as 604 seats distributed among the participating 17 NLUs.

The exam committee follows government rules and regulations for reservation criteria. Each NLU offers some seats to the reserved categories and are in accordance of the government regulations.
Scheduled Castes 15%
Scheduled Tribes 7.5%
Other Backward Classes 27%

One needs to refer the brochure of every NLU for verifying the reserved seats.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in