2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

5th November 2014, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Assam TET entrance exam required Eligibility

Assam Secondary Teachers Eligibility Test eligibility criteria are as given below:

1) Graduate teacher has been prescribed as BA/B.Sc/ B.Com with 50% marks with B.T./ B.Ed. degree from any recognized university.

2) Hindi Teacher: Pravin/ Ratna in Hindi with 50% marks having degree qualification from any recognized university or B.A with Hindi as one of the subject with 50% marks and B.T / B. Ed. degree from any recognized University.

3) Classical Teacher (Sanskrit):- Shastri with 50% marks having degree qualification from any recognized University or B.A with Sanskrit as one of the subjects with 50% marks and B.T/ B.Ed degree from any recognized University.

4) Classical Teacher such as Arabic, Urdu, Persian etc:- MM with 50% marks with degree qualification from any recognized University or B.A with Arabic as one of the subjects with 50% marks and B.T./B.Ed. from any recognized University.

5) Classical Teacher (Assamese Language, Manipuri Language):- B.A with Honours/ Major in concerned subject with 50% marks and B.T. /B.Ed. degree from any recognized University.

Age limit
Age of the candidate should not be above 38 years.

Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST candidates.
2nd March 2015, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

As I want to become teacher in the School of Assam for that I have to apply for Assam TET exam so can you please give me the info about the eligibility criteria required for it?
2nd March 2015, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator

The Government of Assam, Department of School Education, Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA) conducts Assam Teacher Eligibility Test also known as Assam TET.

It is for the candidates who want to become teachers in primary (Class I-V) and upper primary (VI-VIII) schools in the state of Assam.

Assam TET Eligibility:
Lower Primary, Paper I-

Educational Qualification:
Candidate must have passed
i) Senior/ Higher Secondary or its equivalent with minimum 50 % marks and 2 year Diploma in Elementary Education
Or
ii) Senior Secondary or its equivalent with minimum 45% marks with 2 year Diploma in Elementary Education in accordance with the NCTE
Or
iii) Senior Secondary or its equivalent with minimum 50 % marks with 4-year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed);
Or
iv) Senior Secondary or its equivalent with minimum 50 % marks with 2-year Diploma in Education (Special Education)
Or
v) Graduation from any UGC recognized University and 2 year Diploma in Elementary Education

Paper Pattern
Paper I will be for persons who intend to be teachers for Classes I to V (Lower Primary School).

Paper I (for classes I to V):-
Subject - Number of Questions - Marks
Child Development and Pedagogy ( compulsory) - 30 MCQs - 30 Marks
Language I - Assamese, Bengali, Bodo, Hindi, Hmar,Karbi, Nepali, Manipuri, Garo and Alternative English (compulsory-any one) - 30 MCQs 30 Marks
Language II- English - 30 MCQs - 30 Marks
Mathematics - 30 MCQs - 30 Marks
Environmental Studies - 30 MCQs - 30 Marks

The Questions will be of Multiple Choice and will carry 1 mark each.

Total marks: 150.

There will be no negative marking.

Assam TET Syllabus
Part 1: General Studies and Current Affairs:

A. General Studies
• History and Culture of India with Special Emphasis on Assam History
• Indian Political System and Constitution of India
• General Science and Technology
• Geography of India with Special emphasis on Assam
• Economy of India with Special emphasis on Assam
• Mental Ability and Reasoning
• Environment
• Secondary Education in India and Management of Schools

B. Current Affairs
• Matters of State
• National and International importance
• Political and Economic developments
• Culture
• Art & Literature
• Games
• Sports
• Scientific and Technological advancements, etc.

Part 2: Pedagogy and General English
A. Pedagogy
• Teaching –Learning Process and Pedagogy
• Educational Psychology
• Psychology of Adolescence

B. General English
• Remedial Grammar
• Composition

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in