2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

29th November 2014, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

Re: What is eligibility required for the IES Exam

According to me the MCA holders are not eligible for the IES Exam. The applicant who have B.Tech./M.Sc(with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physicsor Radio Engineering as a special subject) degree for being eligible for IES exam.

The INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICES (IES) is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). The entrance Exam of IES is conducted once in a year.

Eligibility:

The Candidate should have a bachelor's degree in engineering in any one of the following disciplines from a recognized university

Civil Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
Mechanical Engineering

The applicant should not be less than 21 years and more than 30 years and relaxation in upper age as 5 years for SC/ST, 3 years for OBC, 10 years for PWD and 5 years for Ex-Servicemen category candidates.
2nd February 2015, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

question

Whether the students of electronics & communication engineering comes under electronics & telecommunication engineering or net eligible for I.E.S exam
25th March 2015, 09:56 AM
Unregistered

Hi I want to apply for Indian Economic Services IES exam so tell me the eligibility criteria to apply for this exam?
25th March 2015, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator

Indian Economic Services Exam / Indian Statistical Services IES/ISS is conducted by the UPSC for the recruitment on various posts in central government organizations. It is a type of Civil Services Exam Paper.

IES Exam Eligibility

For the Indian Economic Service

Candidate must have obtained a Post-Graduate degree in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometrics.

For the Indian Statistical Services

Candidate must have obtained a Post-Graduate degree in Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics from a recognized University/institution

Age Limits

Candidate’s age must be between 21 years to 30 years

Reservations as per governmental norms are applicable regarding age limits and job vacancies

Nationality

A candidate must be either:

a citizen of India, or
a subject of Nepal, or
a subject of Bhutan, or
a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Srilanka or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.

Exam Syllabus

Indian Economic Services / Indian Statistical Services Exam consists of question from

General English
General Studies and
Economics

Indian Economic Services-

Subject Maximum Marks Time
General English 100 3 Hr.
General Studies 100 3 Hr.
General Economics-I 200 3 Hr.
General Economics-II 200 3 Hr.
General Economics-III 200 3 Hr.
Indian Economics 200 3 Hr.

Indian Statistical Services-