2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

21st June 2018, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

Re: Indian Forest Service Life

I completed my studies and planning to apply for Indian Forest Service (IFS) searching for details about this exam before applying. Will you provide me basic details about Indian Forest Service (IFS) Exam and want the life and role and responsibilities also provide dates to apply?
21st June 2018, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Indian Forest Service Life

Indian Forest Service (IFS) is amongst the most prestigious services of our country. It was constituted in the year 1966 under the All India Services Act, 1951 by the Government of India for scientific management of its forests.

As an Indian Forest Service Officer you will be responsible for a number of tasks. Below is the list of the activities that you will be doing in your day to day life:

One of your main role is to protect and preserve the heritage of the forest. You work towards preserving the forest resources.

Preserving the forest trees is an important task. You need to keep a check on illegal logging of trees and work with the forest guards and security personnels.

You also work on the plantation of more trees in the forest and participate in such events.

Animals are another important forest resource. You will have to ensure their safety and need to prevent any illegal activity that involves hurting or killing them.

You will beresponsible for implementing National Forest Policy.

You will have to devise plans for legal commercial exploitation for timber etc.

You will have to do the paper work and complete reports that have to be presented to the forest department and ministry.

You will have to conduct regular surveys of the forest and ensure that the work is rightly being done. For that you need to travel a lot.

Important dates:

Date of Notification 07/02/2018
Date of Commencement of Examination 03/06/2018
Duration of Examination One Day
Last Date for Receipt of Applications 06/03/2018 - 6:00pm
Date of Upload 07/02/2018

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in