2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

6th June 2015, 08:48 AM
Unregistered

Indian Forest Service Vs Indian Revenue Service

Hello, I am Naveen. I have completed my graduation and I am confused that I have to appear for Indian Forest Service Exam or the Indian Revenue Exam. So I am looking for the detailed information of both Indian Forest Service and the Indian Revenue Service. Can you please share the detailed information about these both services??
Similar Threads
Thread
Indian Forest Service Promotion
Indian Forest Service Foundation Course
About Indian forest service
How to Clear Indian Forest Service
Indian Forest Service Life
All about Indian Forest Service
Is Indian Forest Service an All India Service
Indian Forest Service DFO
Coaching For Indian Forest Service
Indian Forest Service Set Up
Indian Forest Service How to Prepare
Indian Forest Service College
Indian Foreign Service Vs Indian Forest Service
Information about Indian Forest Service
IFS Indian Forest Service
Indian Forest Service Cut Off
Indian Forest Service GK
Indian Forest Service Job Openings
IAS Vs Indian Forest Service
Want to appear in Indian Forest Service
6th June 2015, 09:07 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Indian Forest Service Vs Indian Revenue Service

You are looking for the detailed information of Indian Forest Service and the Indian Revenue Service. So I am sharing it with you:

First of all I am sharing the information of Indian Forest Service:

Indian Forest Service (IFS) is one of the Civil Services of India. It belongs to the apex All India Services group, with other two All India Services being the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) and the Indian Police Service (IPS).

Indian Forest Service was created in 1966 under the All India Services Act 1951. As we all know this was only a revival of a well-organized Imperial Forestry Service which existed during the British Raj from 1865 to 1935. The officers are being recruited and trained by the Central Government of India but their services are being placed under various State cadres, and these have the mandate to serve both under the State and Central Governments.

Recruitment:

IFS officers are being recruited by the Indian Forest Service examination which is being conducted every year by the Union Public Service Commission. The examination is only open for graduates in any science or engineering field. From several thousands of candidates apply for the examination but only around 85 make it to the final selection list.

Training:

Officers are perfectly trained at the Indira Gandhi National Forest Academy situated in Dehradun. After completing training at Indira Gandhi National Forest academy, candidates have to go for the job where he or she is being assigned; they are being posted as Assistant Conservators of Forests.
After four years of working at the junior state they have been given a promotion to the senior state of working.

Now I am providing you the information of Indian Revenue Service:

The Indian Revenue Service is the administrative revenue service of Government of India. It is one of the Central Civil Services. IRS mainly comprises two branches - IRS (Income Tax) and IRS (Customs and Central Excise), which are being controlled by two separate statutory bodies that are Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) and Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC).

Recruitment:

There are two streams of recruitment in Indian Revenue Service that are Direct Recruits and Promoted Officers. Direct Recruits are being selected from the prestigious Civil Services Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission. The promoted officers are being promoted by the several year of service.

Training:

IRS Officer Trainees first undergo a 3-month Foundation Course at the Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration. IRS officers then proceed to the National Academy of Direct Taxes, Nagpur or the National Academy of Customs, Excise and Narcotics and they undergo a very dynamic training in specialized matters of conventional tax administration (Direct Taxes) along with unarmed combat, weapons and explosives.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in