2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

18th July 2016, 09:47 AM
Unregistered

XLRI admission through XAT

Hi buddy I heard XLRI – Jamshedpur grant admission in its MBA program through XAT, so can you here tell me about this exam like its exam pattern and syllabus ??
Similar Threads
Thread
Xlri MBA
XLRI MBA Cut Off
XAT Cut off for XLRI
Iim vs xlri
XLRI GMP XAT Cut Off
Executive MBA from xlri
Xlri global MBA
IIM lucknow or XLRI
XLRI MBA Course Fee
XLRI MBA Admission
XLRI MBA Eligibility
Xlri mba gmp
Second MBA after XLRI
Xlri 1 year MBA
Gmat xlri
IIM Indore Vs XLRI
XLRI Admission Last Date
XLRI Admission Form
Required Score in XAT for admission to XLRI
MBA Admission XLRI
18th July 2016, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

Re: XLRI admission through XAT

As you asking I am telling yes XLRI – Jamshedpur grant admission in its MBA program through XAT, here I am telling require info:

XAT Exam Pattern

This examination consists of two parts: Part I and Part II.
Part I has three sections A, B and C with 26, 23 and 29 questions respectively, i.e. a total of 78 questions. The three sections of Part I are followed by Part II.
Part II has 25 questions on General Knowledge followed by an essay.
The time for completing the three sections and general knowledge is 210 minutes. You are expected to answer the first three sections in 170 minutes and General Knowledge along with QUESTIONS in 35 minutes. You are expected to maximize scores in each section. General Knowledge marks would only be used at the time of final selection and not for shortlisting candidates for interview/GD.
Marking Scheme
All questions carry EQUAL marks. ONE FOURTH OF A MARK may be deducted for each incorrect answer.
Leaving a question UNATTEMPTED may result in a DEDUCTION OF 0.05 MARK. However, this deduction will not be applicable for a MAXIMUM OF 13 UNATTEMPTED QUESTIONS.

Each question has five alternatives. Answer each question by darkening the appropriate bubble against the question number on the answer sheet.

For example, if your answer to question number 1 is ‘B’, fully darken the bubble ‘B’ against the question.

Total questions in Part I 78
Total time for first three sections (Part I) 170
Maximum number of un-attempted questions 13
Negative marking for incorrect answers .25
Negative marking for un-attempted questions beyond given limit .05
Time allowed to answer GK and Essay 35 minutes
Number of GK questions 25
Negative marking in GK None

Quantitative Ability
English Language & Logical Reasoning
Decision Making
GK and Essay

The format of XAT remained pen-paper based last year.

XAT Exam syllabus

Verbal and logical ability – Analogies, Paragraph including prose and poetry based reading comprehension, syllogism, relationships between words, paragraph re arrangement or paragraph jumbling, pronounciation.

Decision making – A situation is given, followed by decisions proposed. Test taker has to mark the best decision from a management perspective, and from the POV of protagonist portrayed in the situation.

Quantitative ability and data interpretation – Algebra, area and volume, cost and quantity, word problems using simple arithmetic, progression and series, geometry, trigonometry, functions, decimal system and other systems, ratio and proportion, analysis of graphs, questions derived from charts and tables and graphs.

General knowledge – Static GK and Current affairs.

Essay writing – Essay can be assigned on any topic.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in