2024 2025 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

25th July 2015, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator

Re: What happens after clearing IAS Exam

After successful completion of UPSC Mains & Interview steps the final selection would be done on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the main examination would determine their final ranking.

The candidates will be allotted to the various vacancies based on the final ranking.

The candidates must be physically fit and medically according to the physical standards for admission to the civil services examination.

After clearing UPSC exam and after becoming I.A.S, you will be offered post of "Collector".

For this you need to apply for UPSC exam, which is conducted in three phases:-

-Objective exam
-Written descriptive exam
-Interview

Merit is made by the considering marks in descriptive exam as well as interview.
22nd February 2016, 06:12 PM
Unregistered

Hii sir, I am preparing for the IAS Examination will you please tell me After clerning the Examination what Designation I may found or is their any training period of the IAS Examination ?
22nd February 2016, 06:13 PM
Super Moderator

The IAS Examination is comes under the Category of the Civil Services Examination (CSE) is a nationwide competitive examination in India conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment to various Civil Services of the Government of India,

Recruitment to the Indian Administrative Service is done through an extremely competitive examination called the "Civil Services Examination", organized by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

After being selected in the UPSC EXAM, candidates undergo training at LBSNAA, Mussoorie for IAS. There is one cadre in each Indian state, except for three joint cadres:
Assam–Meghalaya,
Manipur–Tripura, and Arunachal Pradesh–Goa–Mizoram–Union Territories (AGMUT

After Clearing Exams and interview one may allocated service according to your preference and your rank scored.
Then after this, if you get IAS then you be on probation for a period of 2 years there you may earn around 45k per month

During the period of 2 year, you will be in LBSNAA for a starting phase, then a "bharat Darshan" and after that you will be send for district training for a period of 1 year in your respective cadre

After completion you'll be back in LBSNAA and complete some exam and then after completion of two year you will be posted as an SDM in your cadre.

As an SDM you will assist DM and look after the administrative work.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in