2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

19th March 2016, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

Types of Novels

Hello sir I am Hellen and I am here as I want to know how many types of Novels are there as I am thinking of writing a novel so please tell me??
Similar Threads
Thread
JNU Types
MBA Novels
Good Novels for CAT Exam
Types of Bacardi Rum
Different Types of Rum
Bacardi Types
Types of fossils
MBA How Many Types
Types of Bacardi
Types of Networks
Different types of childcare
Different Types of MBA
Types of MBA
What are the different types of MBA available?
Various Types Of MBA
Types of MBA programs
MBA Types
Different Types Of MBA
Dim VBA Types
B.Ed Job Types
19th March 2016, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Types of Novels

A novel is a long narrative, normally in prose, which describes fictional characters and events, usually in the form of a sequential story.

Types of Novels

There are various types of Novels Such as:

-Mysteries

-Romance

-Thrillers

-Science Fiction

-Fantasy

-Historical Fiction

But mainly the Novels are divided into three Main Categories and they are:
Literary
Genre
mainstream

The first thing you need to do when deciding what kind of novel you want to write is to come down in one camp or the other...

Genre fiction is the most popular variety of fiction. It can be divided into categories such as mysteries, thrillers, and romances. If you decide to write genre fiction, you need to be aware that each category will have a particular set of rules (or conventions) that you, the writer, will need to more or less follow.

Literary novels are generally far less commercial than genre ones - but only generally. If your literary novel happens to win a major prize or receive some positive word-of-mouth buzz, it could still make you very rich.

Mainstream fiction, as you might have guessed, sits more or less halfway between the other two. In fact, it is often defined in terms of how it differs to literary and genre novels. The best definition of mainstream fiction, though, is that it is a category in its own right.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in